[Bug] TV sound missing after 2.1.2

+
For me, only having this in the news, and yeah, with sounds, but no speech.
The TV shows like Night After Night, Chip In, My Business Is Your Business, Safe & Sound, etc. are doesn't have any problems.

For me, only having this in the news, and yeah, with sounds, but no speech.
The TV shows like Night After Night, Chip In, My Business Is Your Business, Safe & Sound, etc. are doesn't have any problems.

I don't think I've ever heard the sound working for "Your Business if My Business". Like, ever.
Post automatically merged:

I've also noticed some instances of in-world player - character dialogues in which a line gets cut off by the next.

So maybe something has got out of joint in the dialogue audio system.

I've been speed-running a test-playthrough so generally haven't been able to check, but I did notice this exact problem during "Gig: Talent Academy", where the kid on the bicycle cuts off her own line. Have you seen it happen a lot?

Last edited:
I don't think I've ever heard the sound working for "Your Business if My Business". Like, ever.
Post automatically merged:

I've been speed-running a test-playthrough so generally haven't been able to check, but I did notice this exact problem during "Gig: Talent Academy", where the kid on the bicycle cuts off her own line. Have you seen it happen a lot?
On the dialogue cutting it's certainly happened more than once. Maybe three or four times in 20 hours or so, but, crucially, on main quest stuff.

Anyone have any news on a next patch or a fix for this? I've had to put my play through on hold for weeks now because of 2.1.2 breaking this audio.

Anyone have any news on a next patch or a fix for this? I've had to put my play through on hold for weeks now because of 2.1.2 breaking this audio.

I totally understand doing this.

On the other hand, I really wish more people would keep playing the game anyway, so the more glaring bugs would get reported. I mean, if you think this particular bug is bad, I would say there are others that are arguably more egregious that may not get fixed if the reporting is lacking. Heck, some bugs may remain that are story-ruining*.

That being said, after a few years, I completely understand that most people have moved on now and I honestly feel a bit brain-damaged for continuing to test the game instead of just playing it or doing something else entirely.

Yet, because the game is so brilliant - and practically a hair's width away from being "just about right" - I hope the devs are still patching things anyway. A lot of them have moved on though.

*I'm still to complete my 2.12 run, but I sincerely hope V's mouth actually MOVES in the end cutscenes (in 2.11, doing the Killing Moon quest seemingly contributed to V's mouth being sealed shut in at least the Rooftop ending and the Star ending - and possibly others).

Last edited:

Until CDPR taking care of this, you should use the News Audio Fix from NexusMods, it works fine.

Now that you mentioned...before 2.1, back in 2.0 I remember it has speech. But since 2.1 it became silent too.
After 2.1 update half of the game just fucked up.
Some things are totally gone, like the Kaukaz Bratsk and Militech Behemoth from the AI traffic, Junkies vs. Barghest car gunfights from Dogtown...
This sucks.

Now that you mentioned...before 2.1, back in 2.0 I remember it has speech. But since 2.1 it became silent too.
After 2.1 update half of the game just fucked up.
Some things are totally gone, like the Kaukaz Bratsk and Militech Behemoth from the AI traffic, Junkies vs. Barghest car gunfights from Dogtown...
This sucks.
Then report it to CDPR support.

I did it. But seriously I don't think they bother with such small things like these, 'cause I didn't got any answer from T.S.
My experience is that they do note things like this but, in terms of fast/any response times, they're going to be much more likely to answer personally a request about something that is breaking someone's ability to play the game at all than a (sort of) cosmetic issue, even though very annoying, that doesn't stop people playing and will require a full game patch to fix.

Top Bottom