Console Controller Remapping!

+
Now that you've finished adding an awesome expansion to an already great game, perhaps you have some time to implement a quality of life improvement - custom mapping for controllers!

I get it, if you allow people to customize the controls the way they want, it could lead to conflicts or configurations that just don't work. But personally, I'm used to it and always find a way to tweak it perfectly, plus, that's what 'reset to defaults' are for!

And with that, I have a particular run & gun style I've been using since 1st person shooters first came to consoles. It's essentially a translation of the controls I used for FPS's on the PC. It allows me to run and jump circles around my opponents, while keeping them in my sights and firing upon them. It's all about prioritizing the most commonly used buttons. With the control schemes listed below, I can run, jump, aim, kill and loot without lifting a finger (the way it should be)!

I use an Xbox Elite Series 2 with 4 paddles on the bottom of the controller.

If I could customize my controller, this would be my ideal setup:

LT - Block / Aim
LB - Sprint
RT - Ranged / Melee Attack
RB - Jump
L3 - Crouch / Dash
R3 - Intertact / Reload
A - Scan
B - Quick Melee / Tag Target
X - Use / Aim Combat Gadget
Y - Draw / Holster / Quick Access

A & B would both be assigned to two of the four paddles, so I can use my index fingers to Scan and Tag Target or Quick Melee.

For this to work without the paddles, this is the setup I'd use:

LT - Block / Aim
LB - Scan
RT - Ranged / Melee Attack
RB - Jump
L3 - Sprint
R3 - Intertact / Reload
A - Quick Melee / Tag Target
B - Crouch / Dash
X - Use / Aim Combat Gadget
Y - Draw / Holster / Quick Access

Ideally, if I could swap the functions of Tag Target with Reload, so that Interact and Tag Target were assigned to the same button, I'd be in heaven.

Thank you for your consideration.

Last edited:
+1

On Ps5 here. I have a physical deformity on one of my fingers, and an option to remap the controls would be an instant gamechanger in accessibility of the game for me. Honestly all console games nowadays should have this option.

Ps5 here too, button mapping would be a game changer 100%! One thing I can't wrap my head around though is recommend has circle to crouch double tap to dodge, dynamic makes tap circle for dodge and hold circle for crouch, and there's another option which makes crouch analogue which seems like a super niche preference. Why can't we have tap circle to crouch and hold circle to dodge to me it makes the most sense would love it as a recommend2 or dynamic2 option please

Top Bottom