Constant Crashing on Steam v2.0 Windows 11

+

Hardware:​

• CPU: Processor: 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K (32 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
  • GPU: EVGA Nvidia RTX 3060ti FTW
  • RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB Series (Intel XMP3.0 enabled) DDR% RAM 64GB (2x32) 6800MT/sMemory: 65536MB RAM
  • MOBO: System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. System Model: Z790 AORUS MASTER BIOS: F5 (type: UEFI)
  • STORAGE: Crucial P3 4TB PCIe Gen3 3D NAND NVME M.2 SSD
  • OS: Operating System: Windows 11 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
  • RESOLUTION (+ TARGET FPS): 3440 x 1400 21:9 120+ FPS (165FPS max)
  • PLATFORM: Steam, Signed into RedLauncher with GOG account
--Game Crashes after X amount of play time. Game is crashing after about 2 minutes of driving, but only during game activity. Can leave it idle with no issues.

Mini window Crash reporter pops up: "Uh oh! Cyberpunk 2077 has flatlined!"

Here are some stacktrace text files from the crash reports:
  • Error reason: Unhandled exception Expression: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005) Message: The thread caused a user-mode data execution prevention (DEP) violation at 0x1. File: <Unknown>(0)
  • Error reason: Unhandled exception Expression: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005) Message: The thread caused a user-mode data execution prevention (DEP) violation at 0x20218D37380. File: <Unknown>(0)
  • Error reason: Unhandled exception Expression: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005) Message: The thread attempted to read inaccessible data at 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. File: <Unknown>(0)

• Things I have done:
  • Uninstalled all mods through vortex mod manager.
  • Deleted all mod files
  • Deleted all old save files from before 2.0
  • Turned off Steam cloud saves -Uninstalled the game and deleted all residual files
  • Reinstalled the entire game (version 2.0)
  • Started a completely new save file
  • Didn't even have the little gear wheel to choose "Mods enabled"
  • Crashed a few times at varying graphics settings: ray trace low, ultra, high
  • Verified integrity of files with steam, said 1 file was missing, redownloaded
  • Launched CD Pjkt Red launcher, settings cog wheel is there again, mods not enabled tho
  • Launch game, play a bit, game crashes again

More things I have done:

• Backup your save files. If possible, transfer them to an external device (for example, flash drive). Saves are located here: %userprofile%\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077\ Disable Steam Cloud for Cyberpunk 2077. Uninstall Cyberpunk 2077.
  • Go to your Steam directory and see if there is a Cyberpunk 2077 folder, if so, remove it (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common is default).
  • Remove: Cyberpunk 2077 folder from here: %userprofile%\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\ REDEngine and CD Projekt Red folders from here: %userprofile%\AppData\Local\ Restart your PC.
  • Install Cyberpunk 2077 again on an SSD. Do not install any mods. If you are installing the game on the same partition as you have the Operating System installed, to ensure that the game won't be blocked by Windows permissions settings, make sure to install it on the drive root and not nested in some folders. Example path after installation: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Cyberpunk 2077
  • Run Steam as administrator and see if the issue persists. If it's fixed, copy your save files to the newly created Cyberpunk 2077 folder in the location from step #1.
  • I have run the game on every possible setting level from low to Ray Tracing ultra with the same result. Game die.

Lastly, I Clean installed windows 11 (cloud install). Kept absolutely nothing, no files, no apps. Downloaded steam and cyberpunk. Opened as administrator, allowed through firewalls. It crashed after 2 min of gameplay with recommend settings from Nvidia, I have the latest game ready driver installed through geforce experience.

DxDiag reported no issues with drivers or anything.
Latest stacktrace: Error reason: Unhandled exception Expression: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005) Message: The thread attempted to write to an inaccessible address at 0x4A4B8135168. File: <Unknown>(0)

I can run any other game without issue. games I have run without crashing: League of Legends, Civ6, Tower Unite, Destiny 2, Starfield, BG3 (all today with similar settings and driver)

Help

At this point in time, I don't think anything will help us. I'm not sure if cdprojekt red is going to try and patch these issues.
I did the DDU clean driver install. That seemed to have worked for a time being then the crashes started again.
Then I upgraded the NVIDIA drivers to current and it's the usual crash crash crash.

Game always crashes when I use a fast travel
Game almost always crashses just driving in a car.

Yeah, Cannot drive a car or the game just dies. I have done everything I can think of, but the game is just broken deep down. What sucks is I have like 220 hours in the game, and never had any issues. I was lucky to dodge the horrendous launch issues only to get hit with an unplayable game once it looks really cool.

Yeah, Cannot drive a car or the game just dies. I have done everything I can think of, but the game is just broken deep down. What sucks is I have like 220 hours in the game, and never had any issues. I was lucky to dodge the horrendous launch issues only to get hit with an unplayable game once it looks really cool.
It constantly crashes on start up on my pc.
I reinstalled and repaired the game at least 7 times.
The games releases are a joke these days.
Starfield was a unoptimized boring mess. I hoped that i will play at least Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty after taking a break from the game for few years. Fan of Idris Elba.:(

I even started a clean boot with nothing but steam and windows services running:

1. Start the computer in safe mode with command prompt.
  2. On the command prompt type “msconfig.exe” without quotation and hit enter.
  3. Then follow the steps described here.
This time the game crashes during launch, gives me the flatlined error, but the game window remains open, frozen on screen at the point it was loading my save file.

I reinstalled Windows 10, downloaded the game and latest drivers, and still had an almost instant crash. Then I disabled xmp for my ram in bios, and then went to power settings and manually set CPU power to minimum 99% and maximum 99%. This seemed to lend stability to the game, and I played for about 5min and drove around much of the map, but once again the game crashed. This is following all other instructions such as the game in admin mode, etc. The only next thing I can think of is to get a new power supply and try again? Because it does not seem to be a software issue. Has to be hardware. Idk.

The weird thing is I hadn't been having any problems with crashes before 2.0 phantom liberty dropped with this game or any others. And after it was installed, I'm now having trouble running civ 6 and other games are getting exception errors as well and randomly crashing.
Post automatically merged:

My error in event manager:

Faulting application name: REDlauncher.exe, version: 2.15.1.46, time stamp: 0x6516c634
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000
Faulting process id: 0x3064
Faulting application start time: 0x01d9f3aa2a807e45
Faulting application path: C:\Users\todd0\AppData\Local\Programs\CD Projekt Red\REDlauncher\REDlauncher.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 15100751-71f0-4c73-b2a8-cb99d50d91a4
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Same problem!
But I think, the problem not in the game, but in Windows updates. After october 1-st, a lot of my games started crashing a lot. CP2077 got an error message like the one in a thread, and sometimes crashes with BSOD "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED".
I got Windows 11 reinstalled, but it doesn't worked.
Game, that I now expereincing difficulties:
Conan Exiles - crashes without error;
RDR2 - BSODs and crashes without error;
Baldur's Gate 3 - crashes without error.

Top Bottom