Crackling sound/ distortion when playing game.

+
Crackling sound/ distortion when playing game.

So I have played TW2 alot of times, and when I played it yesterday everything was fine. But today the sound is just awefull, all I get is a loud crackling/distortion sound. Playing music and watching youtube video's works just fine.

Does anybody have a clue what this can be?

- JackalJ

If nothing has been changed on your system then try rebooting your computer and retry the game .

That doesn't help.

Something to note; the new EE cinematic intro plays just fine, sound wise.

Maybe I have a corrupt sound file in The Witcher game folder?
Is there any way for me to check this and fix?

- JackalJ

If Steam edition then do a game file integrity check . If you`re using the disc version then simply reapply the EE patch followed by the 3.1 and 3.2 patches .

There's a FAQ on this site which has this to say:

"The sound in game is breaking and hitching up

Make sure that your sound card drivers are up-to-date.

Changing the Sound Acceleration settings with the use of DirectX tool.

Go to Start -> Run, type dxdiag in and confirm with Ok (Enter). In the Sound tab move the slider to the left (to reduce acceleration) or to the right (to switch to full Hardware Sound Acceleration). Finally close dxdiag."

You could also try adjusting the Windows sound quality, changing the properties for the sound output device to: 2 channels, 24 bit, 44100 Hz (studio quality)

.. Hope this helps!

Ok I will try doing a re install from EE but first I'll try the things Vinterberg said.

The strange thing is that the noise problem just happend overnight. One day everything was fine, next day the sound is distorted.

Well nothing worked... I'm thinking of buying a new headset, since its kinda getting worse...

i also have similar issue month before....i replaced speaker and head set ....and problem of distortion sound get solved....

ok, anybody has a good sugestion for a gaming Headset? I currently own the Thrust GXT 26.

Top Bottom