Crystal Dynamics wants your thoughts on Legacy of Kain!

+
It's been a few days since it was posted on Eurogamer but they provided a link that Crystal Dynamics is asking our opinions about Legacy of Kain! Here's the survey for you all if you choose to share your opinions here > Legacy of Kain Survey <
I'd like to think even the devs at CD Red are massive fans of Legacy of Kain series.

For those that'd like an honest look at Soul Reaver or a refresher > Josh Strife Hayes - Soul Reaver < is a great video, but it contains SPOILERS!

In my honest opinion, from how I see the community react to this, a lot mention they want to see a remake of Soul Reaver. Of course, I can see why one of their most memorable and earliest successful games is fondly remembered. Hence it would be the most profitable title if they completely remake the game.
I would adore seeing the reimagined world of Soul Reaver with superior graphics, sounds and details. Expanding upon their original ideas and exploring things they couldn't have done before.

But for me personally, this is an unpopular opinion. I really think they should consider making a remake of the game that started it all, Blood Omen. If it wasn't for that game, we wouldn't have Soul Reaver which if you explore the game closely, you can spot references to Blood Omen. I think it's a perfect chance to remake an old game more fitting for a modern audience and help set up Soul Reaver.
However, not a lot of people really remember Blood Omen, the idea of Soul Reaver in the perspective of the developers and investors, makes more sense money-wise and creatively.

The last thing I want to see is if Blood Omen becomes a thing that almost wasn't meant to be, being regulated to some cutscenes, in-game lore with a potential remake or Blood Omens being told via a book/comic and/or series. Unless they somehow try to pull off a Red Dead Redemption 2 Prequel story if they decide to make a game.

I truly believe if they have some of the original people who helped make the series, remake them. Not only show us what they envisioned before but to also tell us the story they always wanted to.

Top Bottom