Cyberpunk 2077 PC Crash Issues

+
It happens to me from time to time, but it rarely crashed twice, and that was when I pressed it while going to the fast data terminal. Probably because of my system

It's not necessarily a fault with the CPU. These "boost" technologies are firmware, not hardware. They're simply instructional data to dynamically manage clock frequencies and power supply on the fly and ensure the CPU powers through moments where a lot of calculations need to be done very quickly. In practice, however, the constant changing can introduce performance fluctuations or instability. Furthermore, it's possible for these sorts of technologies to be included for both the CPU and the motherboard simultaneously, which can easily result in competition and conflicts when the PC needs to decide which "boost" method is going to be given control.

Simply deactivating these things through the BIOS / UEFI will essentially let the computer run at true default clock frequencies and power settings. While it's nice in theory to have that overhead when the PC is under load, it's often completely unnecessary for the vast majority of calculations that would be required under even heavy usage.
I have a new update. I would still experience crashes with the Intel Turbo Boost 3 off.
It turns out that my Motherboard wasn't setting the Intel Specified power Limits.
Changing them to the intel spec has gotten rid of the crashes for me now.
And I am running Intel Turbo Boost 3 again.

Hope this can help someone else out too :)

Top Bottom