Does CDPR still intend to follow the ESG agenda? It didn't work for Netflix' Witcher adaption

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

CDPR is my favourite gaming company, and Witcher 3 is my favourite game of all time. Cyperpunk 2077 has also become a fantastic game, an absolute top tier AAA-gaming release after version 2 - at a massive expensive for CDPR, which is greatly appreciated.

As many others here, I'm looking forward to Witcher 4. However, we know about the agenda inserted into the current Western entertainment, and how it has ruined nearly every major sci-fi and fantasy movie and TV-show franchise during the last decade - Star Wars, Star Trek, Doctor Who, MCU, Rings of Power, Willow etc. Netflix' adaption of The Witcher was an absolute disgrace, pushing "The Message" over world building, maintaining the lore, good characterization and story.

Big investment companies like FleetStreet, Vanguard, and especially BlackRock are pushing p.c. stuff, that is ruining our entertainment through their forced mandates via ESG-based loans and financing. Unforunately, CDPR has fully embraced ESG, probably because they are opening new offices in USA and abroad, and want the cheap loans from BlackRock.

If Witcher 4 becomes another mockery of our European culture, history, traditional stories and values, only to beat the progressive drum, that is a sure way to turn off a huge amount of current fans and customers. Yet, CDPR insists on going down this path. This makes me very worried. Please be smarter than that, and don't turn Witcher 4 into a basterdized version of The Witcher, like what Netflix produced.

Here is the video from CDPR:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom