Emotions and my opinion after patch 2.1

+
I was so glad when I knew that CDPR would release the next patch. And I was so confused when I started playing... So:

1. Auto Finishers - is incredible, but the QA at CDPR are the worst developers, as far as I know. Release to production without this main function - it`s a crime

2. The physics of motorcycles is a separate point of the worst emotions. Motorcycles have no weight at all, they feel weightless, they are impossible to control, they constantly strive to take off and lose control. In the last patch, the motos were felt, they had weight, different behavior on the road, but now they differ only in the moto model.

3. The combat music was never fixed, although in October I created ticket 17178, threw down a LOT of saves, where the combat music played in some places and not in others, sent my ideas on how to fix it here on the forum, and in correspondence with support, but everyone, as NPC Barghest says, “don’t give a shit”

4. The best in Cyberpunk team, in my opinion, are the writers, idea-creators, artists, 3D artists, animators, level and location designers

The worst are definitely the testing and QA departments. And since developers (from their own experience) are very dependent on testers, they become hostage to a situation where the QA department simply doesn’t care, and the developers are blamed.

If the QA team on the project at my work treated their work this way, then our customer would have refused our services after the first such “patch” and would have worked with others. What's wrong with you, CDPR?

5. Radioport. This is a pretty interesting idea, which for me is a "crutch" due to the lack of combat music in most non-story battles, and also with radio music it is more fun to continue running around the city.

Update
I'll continue my thoughts

6. The idea with the level of attitude of the gangs towards V is a very cool solution! Even in Phantom Liberty, I really liked the consequences of the quest The Roads to Redemption, when I did not give Nele Springer to Biotechnics, and then a quest appeared with an ambush from mercenaries for my head.

But, but, and but again. The implementation of this idea was absolutely disappointing. Why tie the gang attack on V to certain events? For example, the Tigers attack V after the gig to steal the Vortex chip. Yes, I don’t argue, it’s cool, but you, who read this on the CDPR side, can simply introduce an internal variable that will change the value of the player’s actions in relation to the gangs, and depending on the level of “hatred” towards V, things will happen events with an attack on V.

This could be either the events that exist now - gangs drive up to V in cars, or the banal spawning of NPCs in not the most prosperous areas of Night City. This way you will give the player even more challenges and diversify the game!

Last edited:
Top Bottom