Gothic 3 difficulty scale comparison!

+
I really liked how Gothic 1 handled it's scaling. Maybe I'm viewing it through rose tinted glasses but the way I remember it I like it. I'm glad that they decided to handle "scaling" this way: there is no scaling.

Lol, currently re-playing Gothic 3 at hard difficulty (replayed first two games in last months) and I'm finding a lot of fun in reaching some locations - level 48 hero can find same amount of challenges as level 1 hero. It's a just perfect system.

I keep meaning to jump on the Gothic series and I keep being told to get Gothic 2 as it is the best. I think I will, but I wonder if it's worth starting with Gothic 1 instead.

I really liked Gothic 1 TBH. If you have the time I'd say definitely play it. Gameplay is outdated but there's a lot of good stuff in there.

I keep meaning to jump on the Gothic series and I keep being told to get Gothic 2 as it is the best. I think I will, but I wonder if it's worth starting with Gothic 1 instead.

I played G1, G2, and G3 in the past year (for the first time). Yes, Gothic 2 is by far the best. With Gothic 1 you'll have to remap your keys to make the combat tolerable. Also, it doesn't exactly look nice. Gothic 3 is pretty meh. I recently reviewed it on Metacritic.

If I were you I'd play G2, and if you really like it play G1.

Definitely start with Gothic 1, then Gothic 2 + NotR, then download the latest community patch from worldofgothic.com for Gothic 3. And lastly stay the hell away from Gothic 4, it's made by a different developer.

Top Bottom