Haha, OK, TEB.

+
So the new Meta report is up on Team Elder Blood, and I thought this was funny about the cultists, on the bottom of tier 3. "Very Hard," lmao:

1697027644620.png

Honestly, I think I agree with Team Elder Blood’s assessment.

NG Cultist decks are the type of binary degeneracy that is absolutely destroying Gwent, but they are not consistently overpowering. If you have sufficient expendable tempo to win round one (while the cultist player is still setting up carryover) and if you have enough removal to eliminate the first few infused units as they are played (so you can bleed deep into round two), cultists are very weak in a short round three.

I was actually surprised to win my last two matches against this meta deck while playing garbage decks designed solely to quickly advance autumn cycle decks. Admittedly, at least one of my opponents played very poorly (I am intentionally not advancing off rank 25 to minimize the amount of games where I encounter the binary garbage prevalent at higher levels), but I am not exactly trying hard either.

The problem with cultists is that not all competently constructed decks have the necessary tools to compete. But I think a sufficient proportion of current meta decks do to limit cultists’ tier evaluation.

If by their "assessment" you simply mean the placement of the deck at the bottom of tier 3, then yes, it's probably correct.

My point was that the "guide" and difficulty rating in the screenshot above were clearly a joke, a half-hearted attempt to discourage people from playing this garbage while still upholding the obligation to report on the meta.

That said, I agree with almost nothing in your own assessment of this deck.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Top Bottom