Heritage Reveal Schedule

+
[...]

Why Madam Marquise Serenity can potentially summon 2 cards? It wasn't enough to summon 1?
[...]
Because it costs a Tribute 8 and having a 5p card in your deck.
That means you break even after 5 turns of that engine ticking, and afterwards you start actually generating value.
A lot of people already considered just not paying that Tribute, because it is likely overpriced and the card is less awkward without having to pay that. Accounting for the Coins and provisions she is either an immediate 14 for 13 with 2 engine potential each turn or a 9 for 14 with 3 engine potential each turn (if you only penalize her for each of the 8 coins being worth 1 point, which is usually underestimating the value of coins).
I am suprised you complain about her, rather than Novigrad though, since that is the strongest card of this drop.

[...]
Why Rosa and Edna Var Attre can destroy and spawn a copy of any unit (including Golds) at a cost of only 9 provision?
[...]
Because that is hidden behind an Order, meaning she can easily be answered before and she is supposed to be a payoff for playing an Aristocrat deck.
Dealing more than 5-6 damage is tied to actually running a full Aristocrat based deck, which definitely needs the help, because these decks are currently just not good enough to see any play.

[...]
Why Otkell can play 2 (or potentially 3) copies of that special card? It wasn't enough to play 1 copy?
[...]
Because with only a single Freya's Blessing Otkell would be like a 10 for 12 at best, which means he would be so bad he would never see play.

[...]

I can't believe they are again repeating what they did with previous cards like King Demavend, Battle Stations, Baccala, Melitele, Simlas, etc...
I fail to see how any of the above are like Demavend, given that Demavend's issue was never getting 2 cards in one turn, but to use Winch to ladder into all 3 cards immediately.
The issue with Demavend was that he was a pointslam card you use as a massive finisher, not an engine or engine setup card.
Also how is Melitele a problem card ? She never was a problem card and made a very specific deck possible, which if anything increases variity.

I fail to see how any of the above are like Demavend, given that Demavend's issue was never getting 2 cards in one turn, but to use Winch to ladder into all 3 cards immediately.
The issue with Demavend was that he was a pointslam card you use as a massive finisher, not an engine or engine setup card.
Also how is Melitele a problem card ? She never was a problem card and made a very specific deck possible, which if anything increases variity.

I was referring to Temple of Melitele, a card that, like Magic Compass, allows the player to bypass the provision cap system without any problem.

In general, the game is not balanced and, especially after the introduction of the latest gold cards, allows crazy powercreep combinations that break the natural order of things (should be a slow process instead, a long term strategy game).

Is this ok for you?
TURN 1
Opponent plays Demavend to Banish Donimir of Troy (defender), Temple of Melitele and another gold card like Raffard Vengeance.
Opponent uses leader ability Inspired Zeal with Demavend to immediately play Donimir of Troy (defender)
TURN 2
Opponent plays Winch or Priscilla, and can use Demavend again to play Temple of Melitele.
TURN 3
Opponent plays Winch or Priscilla, and can use Demavend again to play Raffard Vengeance.
Opponent uses leader ability Inspired Zeal with Raffard Vengeance to play a bronze card.
OUTCOME
Opponent plays 7 cards in 3 turns

Is this ok for you?
TURN 1
Opponent plays Emhyr Var Emreis and then plays a bronze soldier or aristocrat.
TURN 2
Opponent plays Baccala, spawning 2 bronze units
TURN 3
Opponent plays Fercart and then plays a special card like Battle Stations.
Battle Stations allows the opponent to play 2 bronze cards.
TURN 4
Opponent plays Artaud Terranova abd then play a copy of an enemy unit.
OUTCOME
Opponent has 10 cards on the battlefield after 4 turns.

Is this ok for you?
TURN 1
Opponent plays Mysteries of Loc Feainn, spawning Lake guardian: Dawn aspect
TURN 2
Opponent plays a Harmony card (whatever it is)
TURN 3
Opponent play Quarixis, spawning Loc Feainn: Convergence not once, but twice.
OUTCOME
Opponent gained 40-45 points in 3 turns

Nowadays the game is like this. If those examples are fine with you, then go on and enjoy the game.
From my point of view, I ask the devs to review these powercreep combinations before Gwentfinity.

P.S.
I want devs to know that I really appreciate the changes to existing cards included in this patch. I feel like it's a valid attempt to try and shake the tree, and perhaps promote new decks never seen before.

OK, regarding the Pass: it seems the original reveal here had an error in the text (unless this was a hotfix, lmao). Instead of creating a "scoia'tael dwarf" the actual card creates a "mahakam dwarf," which, to be fair, makes it substantially less terrible.

EDIT: Yeah, scratch that. The error is in the card in-game description, not in this thread, because it spawns all of the garbage. Sorry to allow optimism when it comes to ST.

Last edited:
  • RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Henry is the most stupid card in Gwent at this moment.
At least 3 decks now play it - assimilation, enslave and masquerade ball. And now it is very popular.
BUT
What if I want to play Melitele? Priestiess? Mill? Lippy? Compass-based Skellige decks? Specially combined Golden Nekker decks? Albrich?
What the hell??? Why so many deck must surrend at the start of the game???
Where is the logic of card-design?

I didnt have time to use heny yrt, but what happens if you use it with rune mage? It Will create 5 cards?

DRK3

Forum veteran
I didnt have time to use heny yrt, but what happens if you use it with rune mage? It Will create 5 cards?
Yes it does...

Yesterday i had an opponent give me a Skellen - i was SK so useless - and he doublecrossed (not enslave6) leader to get it with 4 charges, i forfeited on the spot.

NG got 2 better golds than the rest of the other 10 new cards combined.

Ohh, so that's what that description meant (since NOWHERE does it actually say it will create 3 or 5 cards, lmao)
Yes, since i didnt have time to "rhink/create/play" a deck with that Card, in fact i needed to watch on YouTube someone play it to understand The card

Top Bottom