How much is uncooked with official modkit 1.3 - Witcher3 1.32 ?

+
Hello,
I just dicovered the official modkit (latest 1.3) and started fiddling in blender, how awesome!!!

My steam W3 1.32 install content directory weighs 36.2 gigs, while my uncooked dir weighs 32.4 gigs.

Has anyone figured if there are assets not uncooked?
Is modkit 1.3 fully compatible with W3 1.32 ?

I had imagined that decompressing some assets would have given a much bigger uncooked directory.
Unluckily I did not save wcc_lite's stdout, and it takes 20min :)
I know that some assets end up in merged_content. For example, I am searching for the great Skelligge island where the giant is and cannot find it.

The quest and animation folders look desperately empty? What about scripts and phases? Does one need Wolvenkit or evolutions to access this?
So far I discovered Radish modding tools on top of that, which seems the evolution peak.

Best regards
Post automatically merged:

From nikich340 on discord :
Game assets are packed into bundles and cache files. During uncooking with wcc you made unpack+uncook of textures (unpack to .xbm, then uncook into png/tga), models (unpack to .w2mesh with buffers, uncook into merged .w2mesh, optionally you can export it to .fbx later), some material files (.w2p, .w2mg, .w2mi - particles, material instances).

What is missed here - files which could be additionaly unpacked with quickBms script (or with wcc using other commands): .w2quest, .w2phase (define quest logic graph), .w2scene, .w2cutscene (scene definitions), .w2anims (animations), .w2ent (entities description with their params), .w2job, .w2behtree, .env, .xml and etc

Last edited:
Top Bottom