Is Johnny Silverhand a crook, a thief and a liar? /Or a list of Johnny's crimes.

+
I found a locked laptop in a secluded spot in Dogstown with Silverhand's correspondence with an unknown netrunner.

You can evaluate the text of the letter for yourself.
Am I right in thinking that the purpose of the raid on Arasaka Tower was a simple robbery, and that everything else was just a cover-up?

Johny_liar_1.png

Johny_liar_2.png

I personally never really liked Johnny much, but honestly, this is a twist even I didn't expect!

Yeah, totally a scam :D
And no, all the tower attack lore is detailled in Cyberpunk RED (The Fall Of The Tower).

This is the CP equivalent of the old "African Prince" scam..... basically "I have all this money, but I can't access it, if you send me a small amount now I'll send you a large amount later" Very common email scam, sometimes actual paper mail, and one time I saw it Faxed to an office I worked in, And I'm not that old I'm in my thirties and it got faxed to us in like 2020. Sad thing is more people fall for those than you think, or at least they used to.

But yeah definitely a "Scam Email" put in as a joke. Arasaka tower, Johnny's death, and the surrounding events are all definitely real events set into the cannon. The trick there is "Engram Johnny's Version" doesn't match the cannon lore, which the game regularly hints is him being an unreliable narrator and either remembering wrong because of his trauma, or lying about details he doesn't like, maybe even lying to himself. And then of course there are the people who think his memories where altered by Soulkiller but that's a whole rabbit hole you can fall down.... Anyway point is the email is BS and the tower raid was not just a heist pretending to be more.

Well, I don't even know what to believe honestly ))
Okay, in the "Porsche 911" story, there was a guy named Silverman, it was more or less clear. But here...

I found a locked laptop in a secluded spot in Dogstown with Silverhand's correspondence with an unknown netrunner.

You can evaluate the text of the letter for yourself.
Am I right in thinking that the purpose of the raid on Arasaka Tower was a simple robbery, and that everything else was just a cover-up?

View attachment 11389543
View attachment 11389546

I personally never really liked Johnny much, but honestly, this is a twist even I didn't expect!
Very nice find!
Though, like others, I also doubt its authenticity.

Well, I don't even know what to believe honestly ))
Okay, in the "Porsche 911" story, there was a guy named Silverman, it was more or less clear. But here...
It's a scam for sure for few reasons.
- First, Soulkiller and so, the process to create engrams was always lethal until very recently. So if an engram of Johnny was stored in Mikoshi, it means that there is no doubt, Johnny died, his brain fried by Soulkiller, during the Arasaka's tower events.
- Then, Johnny's engram itself was stored in Mikoshi which is a "jail". No way for engrams to communicate outside of Mikoshi. Johnny say that he already didn't feel the time pass nor being "aware" during the last 50 years.
- Later, when "stored" on the Relic, there is also no way to communicate outside (engrams are just inert "datas" on the Relic... (it's just a bunch of ones and zeros). And finally, in V's head, he also can't interact with the world.

So just that already "prove" that Johnny died and wasn't able to send a message to anyone since 50 years, still can't and so, that this message is a scam writted by someone who try to make money using an old (and above all, dead) legend. In the same way that there are scams "pay or I blow up your head" :)

It's a scam for sure for few reasons.
- First, Soulkiller and so, the process to create engrams was always lethal until very recently. So if an engram of Johnny was stored in Mikoshi, it means that there is no doubt, Johnny died, his brain fried by Soulkiller, during the Arasaka's tower events.
- Then, Johnny's engram itself was stored in Mikoshi which is a "jail". No way for engrams to communicate outside of Mikoshi. Johnny say that he already didn't feel the time pass nor being "aware" during the last 50 years.
- Later, when "stored" on the Relic, there is also no way to communicate outside (engrams are just inert "datas" on the Relic... (it's just a bunch of ones and zeros). And finally, in V's head, he also can't interact with the world.

So just that already "prove" that Johnny died and wasn't able to send a message to anyone since 50 years, still can't and so, that this message is a scam writted by someone who try to make money using an old (and above all, dead) legend. In the same way that there are scams "pay or I blow up your head" :)
And what if Johnny had pre-set a program on his computer with an option to send out messages at certain intervals before he went to the Tower? ))
What if he and Murphy downloaded the money from Arasaka's accounts before the whole thing blew up? Where did Murphy go, after all?
No, I'm just going through the options )

And what if Johnny had pre-set a program on his computer with an option to send out messages at certain intervals before he went to the Tower? ))
What if he and Murphy downloaded the money from Arasaka's accounts before the whole thing blew up? Where did Murphy go, after all?
No, I'm just going through the options )
Well, we know the attack on the tower was planned by Militech to destroy Mikoshi and Soulkiller (Arasaka "ultimate" weapon). And we also know Johnny's goal was to free Alt, that's all (it was the purpose of the virus Johnny uploaded on Arasaka subnet, created by murphy and named "Liberator").
After yes, you can use/think "and if" as much as you want... I mean, "and if" earth is really flat, who know :D

But this message is a scam, there is no possible doubt (a message clearly inspired by IRL real scam messages).

Well, we know the attack on the tower was planned by Militech to destroy Mikoshi and Soulkiller (Arasaka "ultimate" weapon). And we also know Johnny's goal was to free Alt, that's all (it was the purpose of the virus Johnny uploaded on Arasaka subnet, created by murphy and named "Liberator").
After yes, you can use/think "and if" as much as you want... I mean, "and if" earth is really flat, who know :D

But this message is a scam, there is no possible doubt (a message clearly inspired by IRL real scam messages).
All right, all right. :)
Maybe later this thread will be dedicated to Johnny's other crimes. I'll probably rename it.

P.S. Did you know that the Earth may actually be flat? Why - because a lot of people live on the edge.
That's why they are called Edgerunners....

Last edited:
No need, the message is a scam for sure, but interesting anyway to know it's there. I played the game quite a lot and never saw it :)
Later, then.. ))

As promised, where I found this laptop:
It's Dogstown, near Terra Cognita.
Print_4.png

Print_2.png

Turn right and go under the parking lot.

Print_3.png

Print_5.png

Print_1.png

Print_6.png

Garage 5 if you count from left to right. №5, not №3!!! №3 is the wrong garage!

However, there may be a bit of a problem here: I discovered and opened this garage playing as a Nomad level 60, patch 2.12
When I loaded a save from patch 2.1 (Corpogirl, level 52), the garage is closed and the gate is not powered....
I have no idea what I did playing as a nomad that I didn't do playing as a corpo..... Or is it just the patch that's affecting it?

Print_8.png

Print_7.png

P.S. I don't know about the scammer, but it looks like this garage was owned by a pretty serious guy. There's a Militeh helmet inside, ammunition, a gun stand, 5000 eurodollars, a punching bag...

...Or is the garage only open for the boys and not for the girls? :D

Last edited:
Later, then.. ))

As promised, where I found this laptop:
It's Dogstown, near Terra Cognita.
View attachment 11389627
View attachment 11389630

Turn right and go under the parking lot.

View attachment 11389633

View attachment 11389636
View attachment 11389639
View attachment 11389642

Garage 5 if you count from left to right. №5, not №3!!! №3 is the wrong garage!

However, there may be a bit of a problem here: I discovered and opened this garage playing as a Nomad level 60, patch 2.12
When I loaded a save from patch 2.1 (Corpogirl, level 52), the garage is closed and the gate is not powered....
I have no idea what I did playing as a nomad that I didn't do playing as a corpo..... Or is it just the patch that's affecting it?

View attachment 11389645

View attachment 11389648

P.S. I don't know about the scammer, but it looks like this garage was owned by a pretty serious guy. There's a Militeh helmet inside, ammunition, a gun stand, 5000 eurodollars, a punching bag...

...Or is the garage only open for the boys and not for the girls? :D
as far as I remember, you need to complete one of the contracts from Mr. Hans, you will be looking for an assassin who works for the bargest. I don't remember if he needs to be left alive or not, but this task needs to be completed.

I guess this shows that some people really do fall for scam emails; someone fell for a parody one in a video game.

I guess this shows that some people really do fall for scam emails; someone fell for a parody one in a video game.
I would say even more: some people even fall for some video games that tend to “explain objective reality” - so to speak, true-story games, thus kinda getting used to digital drugs or something? )
What a pity that some members of humankind today are so unreasonable... :'(

The interesting thing is that I've seen another flash card somewhere else, about the same type...I'm trying to remember where. If I do, we'll have two facts instead of one.)

Last edited:
It's missing the "you'll need to pay a fee that is nothing compared to the amount of money you'll gain" part that's in typical scam emails.

I suppose "Johnny" was trying to be craftier than the average scammer, by having a different condition (that doubtless is much, much more dangerous) to receiving a lot of money.

Top Bottom