(Mostly Automatic Love) Relic Bug

+
This is ridiculous. I'm really starting to regret pre-ordering Phantom Liberty. At this point I'd rather they just remove the "effect" entirely rather than keep dragging their feet on a fix. The relic malfunction doesn't even add anything to the game. All it does is make my eyes hurt and give me headaches.

Hi Guys, i can confirm bug is fixed for me with 15 Minutes of Playtime

you have do to this 2 quests (vendor machine right outside mega building M10) You can push the quests forther with quick travel to your apparment and sleep 24 hours. After seond quest completed bug was gone even after reload it works (tested on PS5) Hope that also works for you

I can also confirm this worked for me!

Hello, I have a permanent relic malfunction glitch. From start I was think it is part of game but after few hours it was very annoying. After next few hours I was read on internet it is not part of game but real glitch/bug. But I have now 30 hours of game progression and I no want lost it. I have this problem before few days but I was think it will be fixed with today DLC/Patch but... not. I read on forum and people saying it is still in game. So I no will be buying the DLC than this not will be fixed. But more alarming what people saying is about this bug is... this glitch is in game since realease date. Omg how is it possble not fix it after three years???!!!!!!! My save was today DLC but I no will be buying something what no fixing anything. Unbelievable. So... what now? Waiting next few year for any fix or what? I no will be starting new game. Really not.

EDIT:

Thanks for merged my post but it is not solution. I not will be reading all these posts and trying some fixes or hacking or I dont know what everything else. It is not my job trying to fix your game. It is your job CDPR, not my. So I waiting for fix. No fix no buy your dlc. Easy deal.

Last edited:
I've been having the relic malfunction glitch for hours and it is getting REALLY annoying. Please fix this as I don't think I can play much longer if the screen keeps shaking and the controller vibrating. I've tried doing everything to make it go away but it isn't.
had the same thing, i manage to fix it by watching the matinez anime clip
Post automatically merged:

had the same thing, i manage to fix it by watching the matinez anime clip
ok let me correct that: watching the clip got rid of Most of the glitch effects but not all. and i can still not skip time through waiting

Last edited:
Same here. I cannot reach expansion because of this
Post automatically merged:

It is not working. I've tried about 10 times with different options but glitch is still there

'Automatic Love' is broken AF.
I've tried everything on internet: drink alcohol, dive, reboot, reinstall, choose different replies in conversation with Johny but nothing works.
I did not refund the game 2020 but now I even have no chance to do that and I blocked to reach DLC content because of that glitch. As I know that glitch is known from 2020 and still appears. Why the f with 3 years of job and refactoring/fixing this is still there and you cannot avoid at any way?

you have do to this 2 quests (vendor machine right outside mega building M10) You can push the quests forther with quick travel to your apparment and sleep 24 hours. After seond quest completed bug was gone even after reload it works (tested on PS5) Hope that also works for you

Well.. shit, this actually worked. I was like 6 hours in to playing with the malfunction before it got duplicated and even worse so it was unplayable. Didn't fancy going back 6 hours.
CDPR should put this as a potential workaround

There is fix for that. You need to chose different dialogue option with Johnny. I dont rember what one. Google it and look for it

Encountered this bug today. I've done 3 playthroughs and it's the first I'm encountering it. This shouldn't still be a bug, the devs have had plenty of time to address this.

I can't say whether the 2 missions suggested here work, what worked for me was going back to the auto save file. The bug is triggered during your conversation with Johnny after completing Automatic Love. Once you exit the elevator and the blurriness starts, you and Johnny have a conversation about soulkiller. When you get far enough in the dialogue, choose the option where you decide to stand up and end the conversation.

It seems Johnny's dialogue is the trigger. I have no idea how it's connected with the missions being suggested here but changing my response to him is what fixed it for me. luckily I hadn't progressed very far so the auto save file was still there.

Has there been any update to this? Tried doing the Brendan quest, but the geniuses at CDPR also made the body requirements scale with level so I'd have to drop 5 points into it, which at this point means playing for hours just to mess up my build. Cant reload an old save since I was working with limited slots. Really annoyed.

This. This worked; I did it on PC. Thank you so much! First there was a Tech NPC in the way of the vending machine where I had to time-hop / move around the map until he left for the I Can See Clearly Now mission to trigger, then it took a few more time-hops for the second part to trigger, and finally a few more time-hops for the Spray Paint mission to trigger. The moment the second mission completed, the visual glitch from Automatic Love instantly went away. The vending machine and dumpster are actually next to the M8 waypoint in Japantown, not M10 (your first apartment), and you have to be standing by it for the missions to activate.

Hopefully the 2.01 Patch fixes it for others that don't have the patience.

Last edited:
Same issue, i thought it was a part of the story, like finishing a mission will stop this headache.

But it seems it's a bug.

I played like 5 hours with it and I can't play anymore, it gives me headaches IRL.

I don't want to loose my progression so... I guess I'll wait, hoping they'll fix this quickly.

I had this bug during the Panam questline after talking with Johnny at the hotel, and tried everything suggested (drink alcohol, manual save, reload, exit game, etc.) short of uninstalling the game. I saw a note about a conversation someone had with Johnny, and I remembered that I chose the dialogue option "You're more fucked in the head than me". After that, I had the malfunction permanently. I reloaded a save prior to that conversation, and chose the other option, and I have no bug.

I think it is related to this dialogue option with Johnny.

Well...glad I found this. I'd had Cyberpunk on an Xbox One X and love it - played it through at least 4 times. Didn't encounter any issues at all. Then discovered the new Phantom Liberty DLC was only going to be released on XBX and PS5....bummer.

So, bought a PS5 last week. Bought Cyberpunk (figured I'd play it through again before playing PL, as read somewhere that it might be beneficial to do so). Bought PL immediately....it was after all why I'd bought the new console.

Then hit this clusterfuck that it seems a lot of other people have. Couldn't figure out why the minimap was fuzzy and why the controller was rumbling constantly after doing the Clouds mission (and the controller battery getting utterly hammered as a result)

Tried to find the Brandon thing...fuck knows where that is.

Tried reloading any auto save point, to no avail.

The only thing that stopped it for me was loading a (thankfully) manual save I did, but this was prior to the Konpeki Plaza and pinching the relic mission....so have lost so much time I'm wondering if i should just start again or go straight to PL now.

Is there a confirmed something that I should not be doing, or conversations I need to avoid or choose certain options on to make sure this doesn't happen again? Already going to keep doing manual saves from now on. - seen the "fucked in the head" thing mentioned on a few sites, but is that definitely the trigger for it all going tits up?

More than a little disappointing and irritating, not going to lie.

This. This worked; I did it on PC. Thank you so much! First there was a Tech NPC in the way of the vending machine where I had to time-hop / move around the map until he left for the I Can See Clearly Now mission to trigger, then it took a few more time-hops for the second part to trigger, and finally a few more time-hops for the Spray Paint mission to trigger. The moment the second mission completed, the visual glitch from Automatic Love instantly went away. The vending machine and dumpster are actually next to the M8 waypoint in Japantown, not M10 (your first apartment), and you have to be standing by it for the missions to activate.

Hopefully the 2.01 Patch fixes it for others that don't have the patience.

Oh yes, it worked for me too !!
What a relief :D
weird way to fix it but hey, it works !

Long live Brendon ! Thanks !

Top Bottom