New Error: User Profile Data is Corrupted

+
I just did a quick test load of my game, on the idea of just seeing if performance was impacted by the update even if all the new settings were turned off. Immediately upon loading into the Main Menu I got a pop up that said, “User Profile Data is Corrupted and Cannot be Saved/Repaired.” I had to close this pop up twice. I *was* able to load my most current save game without issue (and performance seemed fine) but that error message has me a bit spooked. Has anyone else had this? I’m going to run a Verify/Repair here in a minute to see if that fixes the issue but I’d definitely appreciate input on how I should react to this or such.
This is on GOG Galaxy.

Man, I really hope it doesn’t actually require that. It seems like a lot of time spent to fix an issue I didn’t create.
Edit: Weelp, just confirmed. Verify/Repair did not fix the issue. So I suppose I’ll notify support and just play my most recent save to the games finish, seeing as I was all ready for the finish line. Gotta love these unnecessary updates.

Last edited:
Man, I really hope it doesn’t actually require that. It seems like a lot of time spent to fix an issue I didn’t create.

You can maybe try deleting the user.gls file in your saved games folder (the game will generate a new one). That cleared the problem for me just now. Clean install is the way to go for full peace of mind though - but if you'd really rather not, this method might work for you.

Weelp, managed to get rid of the pop up but something worse came along. I exited GOG Galaxy in full, waited 10 minutes, relaunched with Running as Admin (this is an admin profile but what can it hurt). Did ye olde Verify/Repair again. Launched and hey, no more pop up. However: Ran the ending with Rogue and Squama and once I’m in the rainforest the game begins crashing reliably every 2 to 3 minutes. I guess my only option is to do a Clean Reinstall and I mean to take the nuclear approach.
  1. Backup all saves.
  2. Will Cleanly Uninstall Cyberpunk 2077, Witcher 3, GOG Galaxy, A few games on Steam followed by Steam itself. Run the uninstall through Revo Pro Uninstaller which as been 100% reliable for me.
  3. Do a little clean up and house cleaning including Virus and Malware Scans.
  4. Restart. Download and install GOG Galaxy followed by Cyberpunk 2077 by itself. Do a full cleanup once more of the PC, restart. Replace the saves and launch. If that doesn’t fix things I don’t know what will.
Sometimes this game really gets under my skin. What a great freaking update.

Last edited:
I just did a quick test load of my game, on the idea of just seeing if performance was impacted by the update even if all the new settings were turned off. Immediately upon loading into the Main Menu I got a pop up that said, “User Profile Data is Corrupted and Cannot be Saved/Repaired.” I had to close this pop up twice. I *was* able to load my most current save game without issue (and performance seemed fine) but that error message has me a bit spooked. Has anyone else had this? I’m going to run a Verify/Repair here in a minute to see if that fixes the issue but I’d definitely appreciate input on how I should react to this or such.
This is on GOG Galaxy.
hi--

For anyone who is having this problem still you might want to try the following:
- Go to your Saved Games, located in Windows Drive/Users/Your_User/Saved Games/
- Control click on CD Projekt Red and select Properties
- If it's checked, uncheck "Read Only"
- Click apply

This worked for me and even though it did eventually get rechecked with a "-" it still works fine.

I've clean installed the game twice, repaired files through steam, used cmd as admin to forcefully set files as readable but they keep on reverting back, yes Controlled folder access is off. I even turned fire wall off to see if that was the problem Please help!

Has anyone got any solutions for xbox series players? After hitting continue it takes upto 15mins to "breach" before getting to main screen, the saving icon is constantly on display and it pops up a message saying "User profile is corrupted and cannot be saved". All my gaming progress has gone and it won't allow me to start a new game! I have deleted the game and reinstalled, same issue! My saved game file is still on xbox, but it will only let me delete it!

Has anyone got any solutions for xbox series players? After hitting continue it takes upto 15mins to "breach" before getting to main screen, the saving icon is constantly on display and it pops up a message saying "User profile is corrupted and cannot be saved". All my gaming progress has gone and it won't allow me to start a new game! I have deleted the game and reinstalled, same issue! My saved game file is still on xbox, but it will only let me delete it!
Few things you can try in case :

- If you linked your GOG account to get the rewards, disable "cross-platform saves" in the game settings (enabled by default when linking a GOG account)
Settings → Gameplay → cross-platform Saves.

- Clear the cache.
Unplugging method, works on any Xbox:
1. Power down your Xbox using the Xbox controller or the Power Off button on your Xbox
2. Unplug the power cable from the back of your Xbox
3. Wait at least two minutes
4. Plug the cable back into your Xbox
5. Turn your Xbox back on
Software method, works only on Xbox Series X:
1. Press the glowing Xbox button on your controller
2. Scroll right to Profile & system
3. Select Settings with the A button
4. Select Devices & Connections > Blu-ray > Persistent Storage
5. Select Clear Persistent Storage

- Check if your Xbox OS in up to date.
Settings → System → Updates

- Maybe delete all your local saves (it won't remove your saves on the cloud, so your saves will be downloaded again when launching the game or any game you played).
On your library (or homescreen), on Cyberpunk > start button > manage game and addons > registered datas > Delete all

hi--

For anyone who is having this problem still you might want to try the following:
- Go to your Saved Games, located in Windows Drive/Users/Your_User/Saved Games/
- Control click on CD Projekt Red and select Properties
- If it's checked, uncheck "Read Only"
- Click apply

This worked for me and even though it did eventually get rechecked with a "-" it still works fine.
This worked for me! Thank you.

Top Bottom