Phantom Liberty is a platformer?

+
Seriously I am only past the first firefight and I am more than annoyed with all the climbing and jumping and crap. Already fell to my death three times because I just isn't used to have to pay attention to things like that.

I really hope the whole DLC isn't like that. It's like some dev remembered they can make vertical decents and then made every foot of the map... that.

Hugs.
There are many vertical things and a couple of big robots.

I can wish you to get used to it.

Take it from me. When I've seen what they've done with my arena, I wanted to murder everyone in there. I still might.
For now, I settle for murdering just about everyone who isn't a civilian. They grew on me.

Hugs.
There are many vertical things and a couple of big robots.

I can wish you to get used to it.

Take it from me. When I've seen what they've done with my arena, I wanted to murder everyone in there. I still might.
For now, I settle for murdering just about everyone who isn't a civilian. They grew on me.
Yeah that boss fight... I am sorry but I almost quit the DLC right there.

A long long ass boss fight with no autosave in the middle. I don't play Souls for a reason, I don't fetishise having to reload 5-8 times for a fight. Not a good start on the DLC, for me.

Seriously, if this is how this DLC will play out I might just opt out of it. 30 bucks missed, but I don't do that kind of games.
Post automatically merged:

Reinforced tendons make things a lot easier if you need it. Just jump when nearing the ground to slow you.
I'm weird, I don't like to chrome up completely. I have Sandevistan, eyes and a grip so far at lvl 34, that's it. As compensation I play on no harder than Normal.

Yeah that boss fight... I am sorry but I almost quit the DLC right there.
A long long ass boss fight with no autosave in the middle. I don't play Souls for a reason, I don't fetishise having to reload 5-8 times for a fight. Not a good start on the DLC, for me.
Seriously, if this is how this DLC will play out I might just opt out of it. 30 bucks missed, but I don't do that kind of games.
I'm weird, I don't like to chrome up completely. I have Sandevistan, eyes and a grip so far at lvl 34, that's it.
I'm not surprised Chimera turned out to be a tough fight... In 2.0+, no cyberware means no armor. So you pretty much pushed yourself into a Soul game :)

Beside, if by "platformer" you talk about the path to reach DogTown, so no. The rest of the DLC isn't like that at all, even if CDPR better used "the verticality" in Phantom Liberty in general.

I'm not surprised Chimera turned out to be a tough fight... In 2.0+, no cyberware means no armor. So you pretty much pushed yourself into a Soul game :)

Beside, if by "platformer" you talk about the path to reach DogTown, so no. The rest of the DLC isn't like that at all, even if CDPR better used "the verticality" in Phantom Liberty in general.
I have armor, I am just not focused on it.
My biggest problem with that fight is the lack of autosaves. It's a 5 minute per attempt fight, and there is at least one, probably two, places where an autosave would make sense.

Seriously, forcing a player as punishment for failing to replay the whole encounter is Fake Difficulty, it ads absolute no ACTUAL difficulty, only frustration.

Well, I played Phantom Liberty and my opinion is as follows:
1) the story in the expansion seems very out of place with the main story of the base game (and that is a serious error);
2) the shows are a little more difficult and you have to make depressing and often meaningless choices;
3) yes, in Dogtowm almost everything is vertical;
4) the new ending that this expansion can provide depending on your choices is an ending mirroring the ending of "The Devil" with Arasaka.
In my opinion, the 2 main reasons that left me disappointed with this expansion are numbers 1 and 4.
New weapons, gameplay, new cybernetics, credibility, level, all of this is still extremely confusing.
And I don't even want to mention the technical problems that resurfaced as constant crashes on the PC platform.
In short: the game, 3 years after launch, with an expansion, has not been redeemed. It is still far from being even 90% reasonable in terms of optimization and other technical aspects.

I have armor, I am just not focused on it.
I just assume you only have the cyberwares you said installed (i.e Sandevistan/Optics/Grip). So only with these cyberwares installed, you're (very) close to "no armor".
My biggest problem with that fight is the lack of autosaves. It's a 5 minute per attempt fight, and there is at least one, probably two, places where an autosave would make sense.
No idea, never had to restart it. But if it's the case, I agree it's annoying :(

Dash spamming is like a step down from full flight capability once you are used to it. Made platforming pretty trivial, and boy does the city feel small now that it's faster to reach most things on foot than by bike, let alone car.

Sounds like you are doing things the fun way, I'm a little jealous. Not sure I'll be doing another romp through 2.0 myself but I plan to ban a lot of overpowered crap from my playthrough if I do, including dash.

Dash spamming is like a step down from full flight capability once you are used to it. Made platforming pretty trivial, and boy does the city feel small now that it's faster to reach most things on foot than by bike, let alone car.

Sounds like you are doing things the fun way, I'm a little jealous. Not sure I'll be doing another romp through 2.0 myself but I plan to ban a lot of overpowered crap from my playthrough if I do, including dash.
Yeah... I don't have any double jump / dash, no arm mods (mostly because I hate how they look). I have standard armor, Sandy, the eye and grip mod from the tutorial (but upgraded to purple, will upgrade to legendary). That's it, plus the perks that give me +40 armor and some armor pieces. Will get some more stuff for my health when I can afford it but focus on upgrading weapons for now.

I just find it fun to punch cyberpsychos without any gorilla arms. Feels more superior ;)

Certainly there's more verticality in the expansion than in the original game but the part you're talking about is the only time I can think of where it's so obviously built into the gameplay. Personally I thought it was a neat setpiece and a cool attempt at having a different type of gameplay in the game, as simple as it was. It was the part I got to where I thought this DLC might be something interesting after all.

The fight with Chimera is possible with a mere few scratches.
But you have to move a lot, prioritizing your safety over the damage dealt.

Later on there is another robot. Oh ma, that one is a different kind of beast.

Get this... it is called Cerberus maintenance unit. It is essentially looking for V to stash its belly with V pate, and it is indestructible. So ... Cyberpunk 2077 turns into a survival horror game, playing hide and seek with that thing.

On the bright side it is quite dumb and practically very narrow-sighted. While I grew to be pretty comfy moving around it, I am annoyed to the end of the universe and back for not having a cannon to shoot it in the butt and make a hole in it (rip it a new one if you will)! That robot is TINY compared to Chimera! TINY! And it is indestructible! You will find some very annoyed posts from me about it. I still feel the same.

Ah yes, unleashing that thing on Adam Smasher would lead to only one outcome... Adam pate and a robot with a full belly.

Quite a (shit)hole in the Cyberpunk 2077 story.

I will find a way. I will destroy it. Defeating it is not enough. It! Must! Be! Destroyed!

I will call my friend, Ozob Bozo from their grave. What is a clown without a cannon. That's how it starts. That bot turned into a pile of junk is how it ends. All together with confetti and all.

Last edited:
The fight with Chimera is possible with a mere few scratches.
But you have to move a lot, prioritizing your safety over the damage dealt.

Later on there is another robot. Oh ma, that one is a different kind of beast.

Get this... it is called Cerberus maintenance unit. It is essentially looking for V to stash its belly with V pate, and it is indestructible. So ... Cyberpunk 2077 turns into a survival horror game, playing hide and seek with that thing.

I think my biggest dislike with that fight is again it is too long a fight to not have a save in one of the scripted breathers in it. To me that is just devs being pissy for lulz. But also I died the firs time I got it down to 2% health and it collapsed because all I heard was the prez screaming "it's going to blow" so I kept taking cover instead of jumping on top of it, hence dying. And having to start over again.

As for the spoiler: I thought you only encounter that if you chose to do the ending I do not intend to take.

Hmm. I forgot what it is, but there's stuff that regens V both in and outside combat.
That keeps health topped ezpz.
Post automatically merged:

But I mean not to BS you, @Bearded Geek .
You can give me your save to play from and see for myself how sucky it may be without a godlike V like mine. I would stream it live! My V puts herself to the top of the food chain, and no one who dares challenge that may live. Not Chimera. Not Adam. Not Hansen. Not that Cerberus thing. It is only a matter of time. They! All! Will! Dieeee!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom