[PL] At what point in PL main quest you can still openly do all side content, before committing to the specific ending for expansion

+
Both here and on Reddit and other websites with guides I've seen multiple different responses on this, so I am asking it here, hopefully with more clarity.

I want to know the point in Phantom Libretry's main story (with minimal spoilers), where if you stop, you can do all side content (main game and PL) before committing to one of 4 possible endings for Phantom Liberty.

And no, I am not talking about a full game ending (including one possibly unlocked by ending PL's main quest).

But when you need to commit to one of 4 possible resolutions of PL main story itself (leading to 4 end states).

I've seen some folks say it is just before the Firestarter quest is stated, but based on minimum spoilers I've seen in some guides, you are already committed here to going toward the end of the PL storyline, so you can't really pause the main PL quest at this point (although it could be a good save point for replays). It needs to be done earlier.

The question is when earlier? Name of the main quest and minimum spoilers if possible.

For reference, I already did a quest when you break into a big party at Dogtown.

Thanks for the answer. This was helpful.

In retrospect, if I go replaying Cyberpunk 2077 again, with PL content started early, I'll probably make a stop earlier, before starting the hotel gala event quest, just to be able to obtain one easter egg item that can only be obtained if one late side quest from the main game is finished (that is only available if 3 main story objectives are already done).

Or maybe not. It will all depend on whether iconic weapons for the last few PL main story missions are really good or not.

Thanks for the answer. This was helpful.
I'm glad I could help.

In retrospect, if I go replaying Cyberpunk 2077 again, with PL content started early, I'll probably make a stop earlier, before starting the hotel gala event quest, just to be able to obtain one easter egg item that can only be obtained [...]
Don't overthink it. The game won't run away. This ain't a live service ;)

I picked the ending I felt like picking and got some rewards and missed some others... All of them are interesting :)

Small update. One small issue with stopping after finishing a mission that gives you a new implant is that calling Reed will be always visible in phone notifications. And this sometimes makes it difficult to see new phone messages from other folks.

On the other hand, by getting to this point, you unlock 3rd increased criminal activity area in Dogtown with the ability to get another Iconic sniper. Plus that implant is good outside of the PL story.

So other places to stop could be just before going to clinic to get that implant, or maybe just stop after finishing crashing the gala event in the hotel (this even changes the title screen due to being a major game event).

Last edited:
Top Bottom