Savegames PS4 GOTY Update not working on PS5 Complete?

+
Hi Everyone!

I have a question, I have the following initial situation:

My Witcher 3 GOTY PS4 version (disc) was updated to Complete PS5 Version. Of course my >300 hours of play in save games were transferred over. Somehow I came up with the (nonsensical!?) idea of selling my PS4 GOTY version and buying a disc version of the PS5 Complete Edition.
said and done... uninstalled the PS4 to PS5 Complete updated Version because I needed the space in the meantime, when arrived installed the PS5 Complete Disc and what happened?!! No save games can be called, a new save game file is always created. Why? Is there a solution? Losing save games would really bring tears to my eyes because I basically had almost every item there was (played through twice).

Not sure, but achievements are not transfered too?
I could be wrong but I think it's somehow similar to that (meaning the GOTY PS4 and the PS5 complete edition are not the same product, so saves and achievements can't be transfered).
Cross-progression might work to transfert your save (at least the last ones), at condition to have a PS4 and the PS4 GOTY.

I played my old savegames on ps5 before! Only disc change to ps5 complete made this problem. My old ps4 goty disc with update to ps5 complete was no problem.

I played my old savegames on ps5 before! Only disc change to ps5 complete made this problem. My old ps4 goty disc with update to ps5 complete was no problem.
Yep, but I guess the physical version (PS4 to PS5) and the digital version (PS5) are probably not the same product (different SKU). Which mean that for your playstation, they're not the "same game", so your saves doesn't appear and I guess your achievements aren't transfered either.

Oh no, why…I can’t understand the reason, but ok. Seems I have to accept. Thank you for this information!

Maybe anyone else who can confirm this „theory“!?

Oh no, why…I can’t understand the reason, but ok. Seems I have to accept. Thank you for this information!

Maybe anyone else who can confirm this „theory“!?
It's all about how stores work (Playstation and Microsoft/Xbox).
The same as on Cyberpunk (disc version and digital version aren't the same product). Or with the achievements :(
But if you want an answer directly from CDPR, you can contact the support ("contact us" button). Maybe they will provide you a way to do it :)

Top Bottom