Spoiler: Jackie's family and backstory?

+
So... from all I can gather Mama Wells is actually the owner of the bar they all hang out in. The actual bar is her home address according to Delamain (I assume she lives in an apartment above it), she bosses everyone around (including Padre!) when they're in the bar, and Jackie's garage is literally the next building over out the back. Yet Jackie never mentions that (or V even knowing that) in the Street kid intro? Seems to be a huge oversight by the writers, actually.

she bosses everyone around (including Padre!) when they're in the bar
She's owner of the bar, so "she's the law" in the bar (as always in bars I guess^^). But that's all, she's just respected in the neighborhood.
Jackie's father was a Valentinos (a pretty "bad" one, no one miss him according to Misty^^)
Yet Jackie never mentions that (or V even knowing that) in the Street kid intro? Seems to be a huge oversight by the writers, actually.
It's Jackie "hideout", so no need to talk about it to V (Jackie can have little secrets and a "personal" area that he doesn't want to alk about...). Only Mama Wells and Misty are aware of it, that's all.

She's owner of the bar, so "she's the law" in the bar (as always in bars I guess^^). But that's all, she's just respected in the neighborhood.
Jackie's father was a Valentinos (a pretty "bad" one, no one miss him according to Misty^^)

It's Jackie "hideout", so no need to talk about it to V (Jackie can have little secrets and a "personal" area that he doesn't want to alk about...). Only Mama Wells and Misty are aware of it, that's all.
Yeah but my point is more along the lines of "why does V act like she doesn't know Jackie, when they apparently drink together several times a week in his mom's bar"?

"why does V act like she doesn't know Jackie, when they apparently drink together several times a week in his mom's bar"
They didn't really drink together (maybe even never talk to each other... Jackie was a Valentinos before, V wasn't).
Do you know or talk with everybody in the bars in which you go drinking ?
I don't think so (except if you live in a small countryside town^^)

The only lifepath where V and Jackie are buds beforehand is the Corpo one. The other two, V is just meeting him. You don't know everyone in a city. Most city-dwellers have their 'people' or their 'group' so it makes sense that though Jackie and V might know OF one another in the streetkid prologue, they don't KNOW each other.

The only lifepath where V and Jackie are buds beforehand is the Corpo one. The other two, V is just meeting him. You don't know everyone in a city. Most city-dwellers have their 'people' or their 'group' so it makes sense that though Jackie and V might know OF one another in the streetkid prologue, they don't KNOW each other
Technically, even in the Corpo lifepath Jackie and V aren't friends. Jackie is just an outside contact that V occasionally uses when he/she doesn't want to their hands dirty. The devs deliberately leave it vague as to whether V and Jackie are friends as the player can choose that via dialogue in game. There are plenty of times where you can decide if V and Jackie are best friends or at best acquaintances.

I get the impression V and Jackie had quite separate lives, despite the writing sometimes insisting otherwise. You'd think a best friend would tell another they were buying a motorbike. I would.

I think just before the Ofrenda Mama Welles mentions that Jackie only recently started living in the garage. I presume that before that Jackie lived upstairs with her, at least that's what I got from the montage after the Lifepath intro. During Jackie's phone conversation before you enter the Afterlife for the first time you kinda get the impression she's been on his case a bit about his choice of profession.

You'd think a best friend would tell another they were buying a motorbike. I would.
I think he just got the bike when meeting at AllFoods (He buy it between the Rescue/Meet with Dex and The Pickup).
If I remember, there is a message on Jackie's computer who someone offers him the bike for a good price. Message which can contain a date (at least some additional informations^^)

Edit :
Something which is more weird to me, it's if you play as Nomad and talk him about the bike and the exhausts (how he should modify them). If you follow only the main quest, go the Afterlife right away after AllFoods and complete the Heist... There is absolutely no way that he had the time to apply the modifications on the bike. But when you visit his garage during Heroes, the bike is customized and V make a comment about it (quite odd...).

Last edited:
Edit :
Something which is more weird to me, it's if you play as Nomad and talk him about the bike and the exhausts (how he should modify them). If you follow only the main quest, go the Afterlife right away after AllFoods and complete the Heist... There is absolutely no way that he had the time to apply the modifications on the bike. But when you visit his garage during Heroes, the bike is customized and V make a comment about it (quite odd...).
Dang you're right! :ROFLMAO:

But hey I can fix this... something, something, Sandevistan. Jackie zipped back and fixed up the bike. And then the Sandi blew a fuse before the heist. There. Issue completely solved with absolutely no holes to poke at.

Yup. Airtight.

Top Bottom