[SPOILERS] FIRESTARTER - Civilians in Stadium (BUG or deliberate?)

+
So, when you choose to help Songbird, she explains their plan of escape and how she'll hack the stadium defenses to target Hansen's forces. She actually specifies that.

Yet, when you make your way through the stadium, you see dead civilians killed by Blackwall energy... but Songbird hasn't gone cyberpsycho like if you chose to use the ICE-breaker. On top of that, V doesn't react or seem to notice any of the dead civilians glowing red (whereas if you went the ICE-breaker route then V does notice and is absolutely appalled).

So... this honestly feels like a bug... Or a mistake?

The whole reason those dead civilians are laying there is because if you betray Songbird, she goes off ahead of you and blasts everyone with Blackwall energy in her wake. But if you help her, she stays with you and is relatively in control... So what's going on? Unfortunately I can't report this because I use some archive mods, but if anyone else wants to:

I just did this mission on PS5 no mods (Obviously) and Sided with Songbird, no dead civilians in the stadium only Barghest and automated security stuff. So, it's definitely a bug you're experiencing.

It could be mod related, but honestly who knows, I'm curious if anyone else has seen this?

So I've tested this out on a clean installation, no mods ever used etc., and there are still dead civilians killed by black wall energy littered throughout the stadium. I don't think this is a bug, I think it might be deliberate but I'm struggling to find an explanation for how they were killed in this way.

So, when you choose to help Songbird, she explains their plan of escape and how she'll hack the stadium defenses to target Hansen's forces. She actually specifies that.

Yet, when you make your way through the stadium, you see dead civilians killed by Blackwall energy... but Songbird hasn't gone cyberpsycho like if you chose to use the ICE-breaker. On top of that, V doesn't react or seem to notice any of the dead civilians glowing red (whereas if you went the ICE-breaker route then V does notice and is absolutely appalled).

So... this honestly feels like a bug... Or a mistake?

The whole reason those dead civilians are laying there is because if you betray Songbird, she goes off ahead of you and blasts everyone with Blackwall energy in her wake. But if you help her, she stays with you and is relatively in control... So what's going on? Unfortunately I can't report this because I use some archive mods, but if anyone else wants to:

Isn't there a dialog option where V can say, that through the targeting of the station defense system my people will die (no matter what you choses eventually)? I think there a both ways dead cilivans.

Isn't there a dialog option where V can say, that through the targeting of the station defense system my people will die (no matter what you choses eventually)? I think there a both ways dead cilivans.

Okay, so I had to pay really close attention to the wording because it IS a bit confusing, and a lot of stuff happens very, very quickly but I think I understand what's happened.

Lemme walkthrough it:

1. Songbird explains her plan to turn the stadium's defence systems hostile.
2. V can (through a timed dialogue choice) ask how many people would die if she does that.
3. Songbird replies that they'll die so that they can live (but she's not talking about civilians here)
4. If you decide to help Songbird, she explains that she's breaching the stadium's defences, but it's difficult and so she's having to reach past the Blackwall to do it.
5. V asks, "hang on, you're breaching the entire stadium?"
6. Songbird explains that the stadium's defences are "nearly primed to turn on Kurt's forces"

That last bit is important. Songbird wasn't talking about sacrificing civilians at all. She was referring to Kurt's soldiers.

However, it looks like something critical happens right after Alex executes Kurt: Songbird loses control for just a few seconds and a pulse of Blackwall energy goes off.

V asks if Songbird's okay and she replies, "The matrix, the-- the stadium... the Blackwall... Just lost control for a sec."

So that probably explains it. It was basically an accident. Songbird turned the stadium's defences against Kurt's forces, but in the process she unfortunately lost control for a second, hence the BW pulse you see. I could be wrong, but I think that's it.

Last edited:
Okay, so I had to pay really close attention to the wording because it IS a bit confusing, and a lot of stuff happens very, very quickly but I think I understand what's happened.

Lemme walkthrough it:

1. Songbird explains her plan to turn the stadium's defence systems hostile.
2. V can (through a timed dialogue choice) ask how many people would die if she does that.
3. Songbird replies that they'll die so that they can live (but she's not talking about civilians here)
4. If you decide to help Songbird, she explains that she's breaching the stadium's defences, but it's difficult and so she's having to reach past the Blackwall to do it.
5. V asks, "hang on, you're breaching the entire stadium?"
6. Songbird explains that the stadium's defences are "nearly primed to turn on Kurt's forces"

That last bit is important. Songbird wasn't talking about sacrificing civilians at all. She was referring to Kurt's soldiers.

However, it looks like something critical happens right after Alex executes Kurt: Songbird loses control for just a few seconds and a pulse of Blackwall energy goes off.

V asks if Songbird's okay and she replies, "The matrix, the-- the stadium... the Blackwall... Just lost control for a sec."

So that probably explains it. It was basically an accident. Songbird turned the stadium's defences against Kurt's forces, but in the process she unfortunately lost control for a second, hence the BW pulse you see. I could be wrong, but I think that's it.

Here is the dialog I meant (made some screenshots for you : ) ). Its in german. but it says "Through that many people will die." and Songbird replays "They die, so that we can live."

Bildschirmfoto 2024-02-03 um 00.26.57.png

Bildschirmfoto 2024-02-03 um 00.26.11.png

Top Bottom