Starting back up again...

+
So, it's been about a year since I picked up TW3. (PS4)

I have about 50 hours in and picked it back up, on Skellige with the "Ugly Baby" quest selected. I'm kind of lost as for what to do and what's going on in-story, the little recap I got when I fired it up didn't tell me much. I'm not sure I want to restart the whole game, open worlds are exhausting and I don't really want to put in another 50hr just to get back to where I am but I'm not sure what I should do here.

I've played through TW1 and 2 many years back and love them and the world, but I'm very lost right now.

Maybe it could help ;)
------
Ugly Baby is a main quest in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. To start it, one must first follow all of Ciri's trails in Velen, Novigrad and Skellige.
This is an "umbrella" quest, incorporating the following sub-quests, all of which must be completed:
The first three may be completed in any order, although Disturbance is intended to set the scene for the other two, so it makes sense to complete it first. It is also not advisable to leave Disturbance for last, as in that case the quests triggering after it cannot be delayed. Completing the first three unlocks No Place Like Home, which is then immediately followed by Va Fail, Elaine.
During this quest, the Kaer Morhen region unlocks for exploration.
------

At this point I'm probably going to have to restart, the giant in the cave during The Final Trial is killing me and I can barely see it. I have literally no idea what I'm doing anymore.

I ended up restarting, and from there my nagging questions are who is Yen and Ciri and why does Geralt care so much about them all of a sudden, and what is the Wild Hunt?

Last edited:
At this point I'm probably going to have to restart, the giant in the cave during The Final Trial is killing me and I can barely see it. I have literally no idea what I'm doing anymore.
To see better in dark areas, you can drink a cat potion. Maybe also apply ogroid oil on your silver blade to have a damage bonus against the giant ;)
I ended up restarting, and from there my nagging questions are who is Yen and why am I supposed to care, and what is the Wild Hunt?
You will have answers later :)
In short, Geralt care because Yennefer ask him to meet her at Velen (Hanged tree) about "something important", but she wasn't there. So you start playing by searching for her.

To see better in dark areas, you can drink a cat potion. Maybe also apply ogroid oil on your silver blade to have a damage bonus against the giant ;)

You will have answers later :)
In short, Geralt care because Yennefer ask him to meet her at Velen (Hanged tree) about "something important", but she wasn't there. So you start playing by searching for her.
Right, I know to use the Cat potion but I didn't remember how to. In any case I've got many hours before I'll be seeing that fight again probably.

Top Bottom