The game seems to be a little Lack-Luster

+
For me, the hype and enthusiasm of gameplay has seriously deflated like leaky whoopie cushion! Is it just me or does the game not feel like fun and adrenaline pumping and very stale and Lack-Luster like GTA V? I haven't played the game in months to be completely honest. That is because the game gets boring super quick. Well, I kind of wish Cd Projekt would actually add more stuff they originally envisioned and concepted during the development of the game and expansion of the borders. There's nothing out there for you yet; always pops up when you try to go out of bounds. And the bridge to nowhere where you send Saul off with a literal explosive bang, literally goes nowhere and at some point, lead somewhere.

Last edited:
That is because the game gets boring super quick.
Well, it depend of you...
To take your example, since release, I completed 2 full playthroughs on GTA V and played 4 days & 5 hrs (101 hrs) in total. While on Cyberpunk, since release, I completed "countless" playthroughs and played 188 days & 6 hrs (4518 hrs). So I can say the exact opposite, GTA V gets boring super quick :D

Last edited:
So I can say the exact opposite, GTA V gets boring super quick
That's not the exact opposite... OP also stated GTA V gets boring super quick.

They were comparing how boring CP2077 gets to GTA V.
That is because the game gets boring super quick.
I can understand that.

Gameplay wise, CP2077 has its limitations. Between OP things like Sandevistan or full netrunner builds, the relatively low weapon diversity and the overall lack of meaningful ways to interact with the world you can easily find yourself in a situation where gameplay ends up feeling rather samey.

CP2077's charm mostly comes from its setting. The cyberpunk dystopian future, Night City as a location, the characters and stories. If this doesn't interest you, it's possible you'll likely suffer from the aforementioned gameplay limitations and thus find yourself getting bored when things start to become monotonous.

Personally, I'm hoping Orion manages to extend the longevity of things feeling new and interesting with a better skill tree, more impactful cyberware (More extra abilities like double jumping and less "You have X% more stats") and more weapon diversity. Which would lead to more engaging gameplay as things would change more frequently as you acquired new stuff that provided new ways to interact with the game.

That's not the exact opposite... OP also stated GTA V gets boring super quick.

They were comparing how boring CP2077 gets to GTA V.
My bad if I misinterpreted his post, but it doesn't change the fact that it's subjective and only matter of opinions, preferences or perspectives. According to my playing time, I can fairly state say Cyberpunk is far to gets boring quickly... which obviously, is only my own opinion/point of view.

To take another example, I tried a game newly added to Game Pass, which if we exclude performance issues, have rather good reviews overall... But I found this game pretty boring and gave up after only a couple of hours because I have no fun playing it. Does the game boring? If you ask me, yes, but that's just me ;)

it doesn't change the fact that it's subjective and only matter of opinions, preferences or perspectives.
Mostly, but not entirely.

Boring can be objectively noted in some cases. Things like Ubisoft titles with the map full of repetitive tasks. They can become boring after a while when it's the same thing over and over. Even if someone overall likes the game and had fun with it such a thing can still be considered boring.

Boring games like Gollum, The Day Before and Forspoken are blatantly boring. They simply offer little substance to engage anyone.

This is addition to the subjective nature of a game being boring due to it not being the sort of game a user likes. For example, I find Eve Online boring because it's just a spreadsheet simulator not a space flight game, yet many people very much enjoy it. Or heck, how you and OP consider GTA V boring, yet it's one of the most successful and popular games to ever exist.

It's a key part of overall reviewing (Also, development) to see things that are objectively boring and separate from any subjective feelings of what is boring.

As far as CP2077 goes, I enjoyed my time with it. But I certainly can see why someone might find it boring, even if they're fans of the genre.

Yeah, some games just hit that snooze button, like those Ubisoft ones with endless repetitive tasks. And yeah, games like Gollum and Forspoken? Kinda like watching paint dry.

If the OP considers both CP2077 and GTA V to be boring and lackluster, then probably the OP needs to select a different game genre that they find enjoyable, rather than fretting over one that they do not.

Well, I kind of wish Cd Projekt would actually add more stuff they originally envisioned and concepted during the development of the game and expansion of the borders.
I will quote the edited part of your post, but are you familiar how open-world work?

Maps can't be "infinite" (or you have to play minecraft^^), so they must have borders and studios block the ability for players to go too far in different ways...
- Either they make the map more "believable" like CDPR did in Cyberpunk or TW3 (or Bethesda in Fallout). Yes, they make paths/roads which lead to map borders and lead to nowhere, have to use invisible walls or TP players back (Kingdom come did it too). But you feel playing in a little chunck of a "world".
- Either they create "artificial" walls, like mountains, rivers, oceans like in Skyrim or GTA5 (island), but you "feel" the limits, really.

In fact, in Cyberpunk, roads which lead to nowhere doesn't mean CDPR originally planned to do something here, it just make Night City which is not on an island, not surrounded by mountains, more believable. So no, it's not "cut content" :)

In fact, in Cyberpunk, roads which lead to nowhere doesn't mean CDPR originally planned to do something here, it just make Night City which is not on an island, not surrounded by mountains, more believable. So no, it's not "cut content"
I'm pretty sure the one that ends at laguna bend was planned to go around the lake with the road on the dam. The lake itself is cut content i think (they just had time to make judy quest probably, like North Oak, only 3 houses, all related to major quests)

Also, I noted during the AV ride to the border with Reed (in Phantom Liberty), there were a lot of things outside the game borders like a radio transmission tower and other things hidden behind the border of the game and invisible walls. And you can actually turn off the border in the game INI files. Sadly Phantom Liberty is only for Generation 9 consoles Series X and S and not available to older consoles because of the limitations of the old AMD JAGUAR GPU AND CPU and the Xbox literally revs up at higher speeds and the Old Xbox X Optimized games play well on the Xbox Series x .Which is another reason why I suggest upgrading to a Series X. my suggestion is find one used that is almost brand new like at a pawn shop or local game console and retro gaming store, so you literally do not have to drop half G ($500) on a full priced one. the only drawback about the first generation Xbox Series x is it tends to overheat and throws off a lot of heat and the ringstand on the bottom blocks ventilation and there is a way to take it off but it requires taking the shell of the console off effectively voiding the warranty .

Also, I noted during the AV ride to the border with Reed (in Phantom Liberty), there were a lot of things outside the game borders
That's not cut content, it's part of the nomad start, there is also a an area out of bounds for the last mission, if you choose the nomad solution. there is even an island where they "test" some textures. (the big circle in ocean in the north).
We already discovered everything out of the map, there is no cut content there, it's always related to a quest. (like the school from a BD).

Last edited:
Top Bottom