The results are in...

+
Don't know about you, but I'm pretty tired of these yo-yo NG buffs. Don't even care about the Sargeant, but the Slave Driver getting a power buff instead of a provision nerf is completely idiotic, and once again there is absolutely no reason for the Dame to be 5p . And Lydia to 8?? Lmao. And sure, let's also buff Ivar while we're at it. As predicted, there are just too many NG fans for this thing to have any semblance of real balance.

We all already know you are.
Unfortunately I had to agree with you about slave driver. On the other hand dame should have same provision cost as onager.

We all already know you are.
Unfortunately I had to agree with you about slave driver. On the other hand dame should have same provision cost as onager.
Not sure why that's "on the other hand" if Onager is 6p. Also, Fleder is 6p.

I totally agree that this so called 'yo-yo' buff and nerfs is annoying but the problem doesn't stem from NG lovers, who can't live with NG being butchered but rather from NG haters who can't nerf NG correctly and in a fair way. I like playing NG and although I don't consider myself an NG lover, I am by no means an NG hater either. For the record: I have voted to nerf NG - dame to 6 provisions and some nerfs to imperial formation but I don't remember now what exactly. The problem here is as follows: nauzicaa seargant gives 10 points for 6 provisions (conditionally on your opponent winning a round), which is much lower than consistent values of onagers, fleders, ancient foglets, etc. and at 9 power there's no comparison to e.g. griffins (9 for 5 with fruits of Ysgith), this simply doesn't make sense - griffins can be played even in round 1 and summoned in the final round with incubus, mammuna, can be consumed with ghouls, etc.
Personally, I'm fine with nerfing power of nauzicaa seargants but after that their provision cost should be lowered to make it fair. As far as slave drivers are concerned: I'm not fine with them at 6 provisions - would need to increase their power to make them at least close to other 6 provision units (do NOT compare with reaver scouts, please, that's another story). Unfortunately, people on the Internet are much too divided and unorganised to make such coordinated changes, which results in 'yo-yo' changes. All we can hope for is that either russian streamers coordinate it or maybe other group (Reddit or whatever else) finally manage to organise a normal voting.

I totally agree that this so called 'yo-yo' buff and nerfs is annoying but the problem doesn't stem from NG lovers, who can't live with NG being butchered but rather from NG haters who can't nerf NG correctly and in a fair way. I like playing NG and although I don't consider myself an NG lover, I am by no means an NG hater either. For the record: I have voted to nerf NG - dame to 6 provisions and some nerfs to imperial formation but I don't remember now what exactly. The problem here is as follows: nauzicaa seargant gives 10 points for 6 provisions (conditionally on your opponent winning a round), which is much lower than consistent values of onagers, fleders, ancient foglets, etc. and at 9 power there's no comparison to e.g. griffins (9 for 5 with fruits of Ysgith), this simply doesn't make sense - griffins can be played even in round 1 and summoned in the final round with incubus, mammuna, can be consumed with ghouls, etc.
Personally, I'm fine with nerfing power of nauzicaa seargants but after that their provision cost should be lowered to make it fair. As far as slave drivers are concerned: I'm not fine with them at 6 provisions - would need to increase their power to make them at least close to other 6 provision units (do NOT compare with reaver scouts, please, that's another story). Unfortunately, people on the Internet are much too divided and unorganised to make such coordinated changes, which results in 'yo-yo' changes. All we can hope for is that either russian streamers coordinate it or maybe other group (Reddit or whatever else) finally manage to organise a normal voting.
While the Sargeant power nerf was always questionable, especially considering it happened twice already, you can't really compare what Sargeant plays for to points generated by "onagers, fleders and foglets" because those cards are engines (all of them requiring separate cards to generate value, no less) and Sargeant is a deploy create-and-play card. Totally different.

As for the Slave Driver, 6p is literally a no-brainer: it's a spam card and YES, it should cost the same as Reaver Scout. While you may argue that Scout creates a full copy and Slaver Driver creates a 1-point copy, you forget that the Scout is also an ORDER card while the Slave Driver is Deploy.

Similarly, I disagree with the general statement of "NG haters" supposedly being the problem for not being able to fairly nerf... or whatever. One, this isn't specific to "ng haters" there are plenty of dumb nerfs (and buffs) in the council to go around. Two, whatever "unfair" nerfs there may have happened against NG in the first ever round of the Council, they certainly don't explain the number of gratuitous buffs that have been given NG since then. If anything, the "organized voting" influenced by those russian streamers IS to blame, together with the overall numbers of NG players, which have ALWAYS outnumbered all other factions.

Top Bottom