The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt — Next-Gen Update Trailer and REDstreams summary

+
I Hope very deeply , the possibility of choice many mods , because there are many mods on pc ,also, the game has almost 8 years and the original experience is obsolete, its very normal ( 8 years for any game are many)but It woul be very great thing for this update.

I played in PS4 and pc.
On PC, hoping mods will be updated rather quickly, so you will have choice like always :)
But on console, you will have no choice at all. CDPR selected "those" they wanted to add and directly added to the game.
I quote @pliskards who said it well :)
They are not saying mods on consoles - unless they actually announce that.

What they are saying is they are baking some mods directly into the game. That does not mean that you will be able to just add whatever mods you want on console - what it means is that they chose some mods to add directly to the game itself and they will be included as part of the update.

On PC, hoping mods will be updated rather quickly, so you will have choice like always :)
But on console, you will have no choice at all. CDPR selected "those" they wanted to add and directly added to the game.
I quote @pliskards who said it well :)
CD proyect couldnt do the same thing like Skyrim did on consoles.

That would be great. put mods that they considered essentialls and after, they Will give us more choices than their personal perspective.

The combat is very rude nowdays, for example. With the Witcher reflects we get more velocity, new movements for the Dodges.... and many more mods .

They will bring us thats options i dont think that It would be bad.

I dont want lose my hope, please CD proyect hear me!!!!

Eskerrik asko (thank you in basque)

CD proyect couldnt do the same thing like Skyrim did on consoles.
Nope, because Skyrim and Bethesda games in general are "build" around modding, unlike CDPR games :)
To be honest, it's not gonna happen for CDPR games under Red Engine. Who know in the futur with Unreal Engine, "maybe". Beside that, I don't think Microsoft and Sony really "help/push/encourage" studios to add mods on their consoles (it's quite the opposite^^).

Nope, because Skyrim and Bethesda games in general are "build" around modding, unlike CDPR games :)
To be honest, it's not gonna happen for CDPR games under Red Engine. Who know in the futur with Unreal Engine, "maybe". Beside that, I don't think Microsoft and Sony really "help/push/encourage" studios to add mods on their consoles (it's quite the opposite^^).
Ok thank you for your request

I Hope very deeply , the possibility of choice many mods , because there are many mods on pc ,also, the game has almost 8 years and the original experience is obsolete, its very normal ( 8 years for any game are many)but It woul be very great thing for this update.

I played in PS4 and pc.

Well the nice thing about PC is if there is a popular mod that CDPR doesn't implement then someone on Nexus Mods definitely will. I'd be willing to bet within a week of release there are over 100 mods for the game on Nexus.

Looks great! I was going to give TW3 another whirl, glad i kept pushing it back. This update will be the best time to dive back into the world.

Well the nice thing about PC is if there is a popular mod that CDPR doesn't implement then someone on Nexus Mods definitely will. I'd be willing to bet within a week of release there are over 100 mods for the game on Nexus.
The main idea its about PS5. I know that on pc there are and there Will be many many mods.

My hope its for PS5 and his Port.

Eskerrik asko

Last edited:
Hello :) Will trophies earned on ps4 carry over to ps5?? If not, is it because you don't want to or is it impossible?? Many games have trophy transfer (nioh 2, spiderman, spiderman miles morales, horizon, ghost of tsushima, elden ring etc.) Regards

Hello :) Will trophies earned on ps4 carry over to ps5?? If not, is it because you don't want to or is it impossible?? Many games have trophy transfer (nioh 2, spiderman, spiderman miles morales, horizon, ghost of tsushima, elden ring etc.) Regards
Most probably like Cyberpunk, PS4 and PS5 versions will have a different SKU, so it's impossible to transfert trophies :(

"Unfortunately, as the next-gen version has a different SKU, PlayStation trophies obtained thanks to backward compatibility will not be transferred. You will need to meet the requirements once again to unlock them"

Asked this in the other next gen update thread too but will the PC version have HDR support this time around? Been waiting for that ever since I added an OLED TV to my PC setup. :sad:
I would also very much like this question answered, as I too game on an OLED TV and have wanted HDR for a long time on PC.

Does it mean the engine was refactored to use DX12 or Vulkan? Since DX11 doesn't support ray tracing if I understand correctly.
Yeah DX12, they confirmed that in a discord Q&A.
Post automatically merged:

I would also very much like this question answered, as I too game on an OLED TV and have wanted HDR for a long time on PC.
They also answered that in the Discord Q&A and basically said they're looking into it but no confirmation yet.

Can u includes these swords on consoles please ?
Spoiler:
The steel sword is already included in the quest where we retrieve the baron’s wife, the npc allies wield it when barging into the witches house in the next-gen trailer
7760D362-78B4-42FB-9E02-BD65DC97E889.jpeg

Last edited:
Can u includes these swords on consoles please ?
Spoiler:
The steel sword is already included in the quest where we retrieve the baron’s wife, the npc allies wield it when barging into the witches house in the next-gen trailer
View attachment 11331307
I absolutely need these in the game, they're my favourite sword designs and it was always frustrating to see them in cutscenes but not have them in gameplay.

Yeah DX12, they confirmed that in a discord Q&A.
Post automatically merged:

They also answered that in the Discord Q&A and basically said they're looking into it but no confirmation yet.
Ok thanks, fingers crossed I guess.

Probably not since Nvidia doesn't even support NVlink anymore .... It is and always has been a hard sell for developers because less than 1% actually ever used it and it's hard to implement properly
But SLI is supported in native version already.

Relive the story loved by millions!

The free next-gen update for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is coming to PC, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series S|X on December 14th, 2022! Experience the game as never before, with improved visuals and performance, new additional content, Photo Mode, and more...

During today's REDstreams we discussed what exactly the free next gen update will bring to the game. Here are the highlights:

Improved visuals

Ray Tracing, improved Screen Space Reflections, improved foliage, better textures and more visual improvements are coming to the game. Enjoy them to the fullest thanks to FSR 2.1 and DLSS 3 support!

Camera, controls and UI changes

Rediscover the Continent from a new perspective — we've added an alternative camera option that'll bring you closer to the action. Combined with the alternative Quick Sign Casting option, map filtering and the option to dynamically hide the minimap, it will make exploration even more exciting than before!

Photo mode

Capture the moment with the added photo mode! Does that mean there will be a The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt photo mode contest in the near future? Maybe.

Integrated mods

We've included some community-made favourites in addition to our own modifications.

Quest fixes

You've been asking for them — and we couldn't say no! The next-gen update has also been an opportunity to revisit some of the issues in the quests. The free next-gen update brings fixes to From Ofier's Distant Shores, Scavenger Hunt: Wolf School Gear and more!

Netflix DLC

We have a very special treat for all of the fans of the Netflix show! Enjoy alternative looks for Dandelion and Nilfgaardian soldiers, as well as a new quest, inspired by the show, where you'll be able to get diagrams for new equipment for Geralt. What's the quest? Shhh! No spoilers!

Cross-progression

A feature you know from Cyberpunk 2077 — play the game how you like, wherever you like and carry over your latest save between platforms.

Excited? That's just a taste! We'll post a list of changes for the free next-gen update closer to the release. In the meantime, remember you can find more details and gameplay footage from work in progress builds in the recording of the REDstreams:
Man I am very happy

I have played the update, and uninstalled it. The controls which were bad in 2015 are now completely unacceptable. The lag between pressing a direction and the model turning that way... you often have to press twice is unacceptable.
There are also problems with hit detection. Staggering of enemies, that for some reason just hit you time after time, when you hit them first. You stagger, they at that moment do not.
The other (menu) interfaces are also completely outdated and unintuitive. Listen i like paying tie fighter, but this game aged worse than that one.

Top Bottom