What game are you currently playing

+
Not out yet but wow this looks badass.

The graphics and animations looks really good. But it doesn't show anything innovating. It just feels like a typical triple A mainstream game. It doesn't show anything that haven't been done yet. This is also one of the reasons why I lost interest in medieval games especially after playing Chivalry and Mordhau. No other medieval can match Chivalry and Mordhau.

Don't get me wrong, graphics and animations are good but it doesn't show anything new or innovating. It just feels like more of the same of other third person games we saw in the past.

Blight: Survival can be fun for a lot of people but if i'm going to play it, I think I will drop interest very fast after 4 to 5 hours.

Last edited:
The graphics and animations looks really good. But it doesn't show anything innovating. It just feels like a typical triple A mainstream game. It doesn't show anything that haven't been done yet. This is also one of the reasons why I lost interest in medieval games especially after playing Chivalry and Mordhau. No other medieval can match Chivalry and Mordhau.

Don't get me wrong, graphics and animations are good but it doesn't show anything new or innovating. It just feels like more of the same of other third person games we saw in the past.

Blight: Survival can be fun for a lot of people but if i'm going to play it, I think I will drop interest very fast after 4 to 5 hours.
It's like the Middle Ages meets a Zombie Apocalypse.
I was tempted to get Red Dead for the online aspect of the game, but I'm not thrilled
with all the hackers.

Just redownloaded all the borderland games, mainly going to focus on Borderlands 3 though (want to do a Moze run), did some skyrim yesterday, and got a couple of Fallout games ready. Also Have No Man's Sky and Superhot.....

But I am currently hoping Cyberpunk gets another update for end game stuff. (Like either new North Oak Home to buy... or New Game Plus...) Honestly stopped playing Cyberpunk because got tired by the limitions.

In comparison with "usual" games companions, the best with pawns in DD2, it's the fact you will never what will happen. Something great, good, bad, really bad, funny or truly hilarious.

Ok... I change a bit my opinion... again. So now DD2 is right in the middle of BG3 and Bethesda games!
I though I completed the game/story, but in fact I didn't. I missed a bunch of content and also several side quests... More than I would imagine :D
The more I play DD2, the more I like it.

I never got around to DD1, because I didn't like the idea of the pawn system. That was one of the reasons I was skeptical about DD2, but it turns out that the pawns are one of the most charming things about the game, at least for me. I enjoy searching for pawns that players appear to have spent a lot of time designing, taking them on quests, and helping them complete their quests for their masters. A lot of the conversations become stale after a while, but the occasional new interaction is always fun.

I know that there are differences of opinion here, but I think the gameplay is fantastic. There is also a lot of richness to the overall game design. Just one example: There are guides telling players how to get into an area that they're not "supposed" to be able to get into early in the game, in order to acquire a popular vocation that otherwise isn't available until late game. And then there are complaints about those posts encouraging people to "cheat". But if you pay attention to the NPC dialogue, there's a completely unimportant NPC telling another completely unimportant NPC about having slipped into the late game area using the "cheating" method described in the guides. Thus, it was one of many hidden things in the game that you only find out by interacting with the world.

Edit: This evening, I just finished playing through the super-secret special ending. My pawn is now my hero. That's all I'm saying.

Last edited:
Picked up Stardew Valley, after several years. I already had a copy on GOG, but I bought it on Steam as well because it's more convenient (I don't even have Galaxy installed) and because I don't mind paying twice for such a fantastic game (especially when it's no AAA title with a $60 pricetag).

It's changed quite a lot in the years that have passed, but from what I've seen only for the better. Unsurprisingly.

Fishing is really addictive. At the end of summer year 1, my fishing skill is maxed out.

I don't wonder why 98% of the game's 580k Steam reviews are positive. Developed by one person, and still receiving quality updates eight years after release.

Finishing up my current run of Cyberpunk. I've been watching the Fallout TV series, and I'm sorely tempted to play Fallout 4 again, especially since there's a next gen update pending.
Next gen update for Fallout 4? That's both good and sad. It's good to see FO4 get an update (not entirely surprising, with the new FO television show). But it's a bit sad to see such an old game get more attention than Starfield. I'm sad to see what they're doing, or not doing, with Starfield. The game has (had?) a lot of potential. It needed a lot of work, but the potential was there. I don't like seeing it get pushed to the back shelf so soon.

Back with Kassandra to AC: Odyssey (time to finishing it):

1713604429536.jpeg
1713604341984.jpeg

I have a few on the go right now;

Dragon's Dogma II (currently in ng++)
Resident Evil 4 Remake
Getsu Fuma Den
Ninja Gaiden Master Collection
9 Years of Shadows
Bloody Spell
Taboo Ritual

20240307135824_1.jpg

(screenshot: 9 Years of Shadows)

Dug up from the depths of my Steam library, Fallout 3. It requires modding to run properly, and the shooting is janky as fuck, but I'm having a really good time with it.
Yeah, the vanilla game is broken. Methinks Fallout 4 as well, else I would have replayed it already.

I remember when I played it way back... in 2015? I sided with the science folks in a heartbeat. :love: I'm sure all other options are just as valid but HEY, that's my lore.

Dug up from the depths of my Steam library, Fallout 3. It requires modding to run properly, and the shooting is janky as fuck, but I'm having a really good time with it.
FO3 was almost a great game for me, except for three major defects: The shooting was almost impossible without VATS; the monster scaling was very bad (stupid albino radscorpions); and worst of all, I just couldn't do a second playthrough with the main character whining about his dad every couple of minutes. It's a shame, because there were some great things in the game as well. I loved / hated John Henry Eden.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah, the vanilla game is broken. Methinks Fallout 4 as well, else I would have replayed it already.

I remember when I played it way back... in 2015? I sided with the science folks in a heartbeat. :love: I'm sure all other options are just as valid but HEY, that's my lore.
I couldn't side with the science folks. After the teaser at the end of FO3, I couldn't look at the science folks in FO4 as being anything other than an enemy of humanity.

I couldn't side with the science folks. After the teaser at the end of FO3, I couldn't look at the science folks in FO4 as being anything other than an enemy of humanity.
Maybe I missed some stuff nine years ago. Where The Institute got me to align is not considering Synths sentient.

Back then, it mattered to me too that it...
... was run by my kid that I only got to see dying of things that come with old age. Then again, today that element wouldn't be there... they took my kid and spent them. Was it for good things? That kid is at the end of life, having had what they could have, nothing more to give there if they don't want the mom's hug. The mom wasn't there to guide them so yeah, they could have turned out to be the bad guy.
But I still like The Institute and its potential.

And, if we are going to go in length about this (hopefully very civilized, since F4 time isn't upon us yet), let's get ourselves a thread for it?

I'd like to play F4 again. But it keeps crashing.

Dug up FO:NV a bit before the Amazon series release. Ugh did these age poorly. With the right combination of mods you can make them acceptably wonky instead of just terribly janky. I might be a bit biased cause I grew up with these but I feel like the originals aged better than FO3/FO4. The isometric style feels a bit more "ageless".

Hopefully, by the time I'm done with NV, FO: London will be released and I can move on to FO4 and it's vastly superior gameplay. Mediocre (at best) story but it's genuinely hard to get back into FO:NV jank in 2024.

I'm just hoping they won't require the newly released next-gen patch to install. My current FO4 install is just over 340GB (compared to the original 35ish) of pure modded perfection. I spent way too much time turning it into a modern game even by 2024 standards and making it stable/crash free to screw it all up for a patch that does next to nothing for PC users.

Top Bottom