What is wrong with sprint?

+
When i sprint (toggle) i continue sprinting after jumping, dodging and after dashing mid air.
When dashing on the ground, due to the double-tap of the forward key, the sprint is interrupted and i have to hit the sprint key again.
Now when i strafe or move backwards, i stop sprinting and just walk slowly and have to activate the sprint toggle again.

Is this intentional? Because i have never played a game before that uses this. Heck even cp 2077 used to be "use sprint to move faster". Now it feels acrobatic having to do all these weird pinky gymnastics with the dodging, dashing, and now sprinting. Muscle memory aside, i don't even have that many muscles in there to begin with.

Am i missing a perk?

I also much rather prefer to use the sprint (hold) instead of the toggle, because it gives me more control. But when i use that setting, although i'm still holding the sprint key, i stop sprinting when i
  • land after a jump
  • after a dash
  • after a dodge
  • after strafing
  • running over a small ledge
I don't get it, what am i doing wrong? Was very keen to see those new updates since i liked whizzing around with a katana before, so i went full reflex again, but it causes a lot of frustration for me.

Last edited:
I don't get it either, and I'm clearly not coordinated enough to take advantage of it, but my suspicion is that change in movement mechanics is linked to the inclusion of a bunch of perks and weapon stats that give bonuses for attacking while sprinting, dodging etc. Sprint into a slide, and do a headshot at the same time, get bonus damage. Maybe it's easier on controller than kb/mouse, not sure, but regardless that's my guess why/where the change stems from.

Someone who is coordinated enough to make it work for them will be able to clear it up for both of us :)

Due to some cyber bionics, sprinting no longer consumes stamina, so maybe this was introduced as some kind of counter nerf... But the fact that there is not much complaint about it in this forum, makes me think i am in the wrong here. Or maybe my game is just bugged, and everybody else is having fun in game, while i write posts on this forum :D

Top Bottom