Witcher3 Complete Edition will not start on XBOX Series X

+
Just tried it again online & offline using a different profile with the same results. Online I tried loading the previous save made with my Xbox One, & offline all I could try was New Game. No difference. Very frustrating.

Just tried it again online & offline using a different profile with the same results. Online I tried loading the previous save made with my Xbox One, & offline all I could try was New Game. No difference. Very frustrating.
Yep, I agree it should be frustrating :(
I assume you'll have to wait an answer from the support, I think there is nothing more that you can do (At least, I don't know what you could do...)

Yep, I agree it should be frustrating :(
I assume you'll have to wait an answer from the support, I think there is nothing more that you can do (At least, I don't know what you could do...)
Support told me what my sons told me. If the only game that's giving me an issue is Witcher 3 then is not my console. I've had no issues installing other games. But this is a fairly new console with a small number of new installs. Only games I have tried to install are Skyrim AE w mods, Witcher 3 & State of Decay 2. I guess if Elden Ring works, I'm going to have to assume for now it's the game. Although I would feel a lot more confident If I was not the only person talking about this issue & If it didn't work on my old Xbox One. Would be great if someone from CD Projekt Red Support would confirm whether or not I'm the only person with this issue.

Might try installing Elden Ring tonight. But need to familiarize with builds in case it works.

Support told me what my sons told me. If the only game that's giving me an issue is Witcher 3 then is not my console. I've had no issues installing other games. But this is a fairly new console with a small number of new installs. Only games I have tried to install are Skyrim AE w mods, Witcher 3 & State of Decay 2. I guess if Elden Ring works, I'm going to have to assume for now it's the game. Although I would feel a lot more confident If I was not the only person talking about this issue & If it didn't work on my old Xbox One. Would be great if someone from CD Projekt Red Support would confirm whether or not I'm the only person with this issue.

Might try installing Elden Ring tonight. But need to familiarize with builds in case it works.
When I say "the support" it's CD Projekt Red support via this link :
(do it right now, if you didn't).

It remember me Nier Automata on my Xbox one X... I bought the game almost at release but I never managed to enter in the amusement park. The game always crash when I entered in the area... I tried everything you try, about every 5/6 months, if by chance an update fixed it... but nothing ever worked (I guess I was an isolated case^^) and I finally give up and put the game aside.

I re-installed it on my Series X and managed to finish it... 4 years later :(

When I say "the support" it's CD Projekt Red support via this link :
(do it right now, if you didn't).

It remember me Nier Automata on my Xbox one X... I bought the game almost at release but I never managed to enter in the amusement park. The game always crash when I entered in the area... I tried everything you try, about every 5/6 months, if by chance an update fixed it... but nothing ever worked (I guess I was an isolated case^^) and I finally give up and put the game aside.

I re-installed it on my Series X and managed to finish it... 4 years later :(
On 3/1 I submitted a report to Projekt Red Support via that link & have not heard back. I've been checking my inbox & spam folder but nothing has come in. I thought they would at least send me an automated reply saying my message has been received. But nothing yet.

Oh well.

On 3/1 I submitted a report to Projekt Red Support via that link & have not heard back. I've been checking my inbox & spam folder but nothing has come in. I thought they would at least send me an automated reply saying my message has been received. But nothing yet.

Oh well.
I could take a bit of time, but they always answer ;)
What I would do, it's to request a refund for the complete version right now, to not loose time (and money). Your "old" GOTY version should work fine anyway (it's the same game, just a different name).

I could take a bit of time, but they always answer ;)
What I would do, it's to request a refund for the complete version right now, to not loose time (and money). Your "old" GOTY version should work fine anyway (it's the same game, just a different name).
That's what I plan to do. Will be installing Elden Ring later this morning & should it work will have to move on for now until another patch is released.
Post automatically merged:

Update, I can't get Elden Ring to work either! Game is freezing before I can even start the game or pick my class. Since this was a used game I just exchanged it for another disc & are trying to reinstall the game. So the issue with Witcher 3 must be my console but will report back later after I finished reinstalling Elden Ring. If it fails again XBOX Support, whom I spoke to the other day was WRONG!!!!!

Last edited:
That’s what I thought, it has to be the console. As you said it is rather new, you should claim the warranty and ask either for a repair or an exchange (would be way better imo). It’s useless to keep changing discs, reinstalling things or whatever, you are losing your energy and your time and even if you finally get “lucky” succeeding in making a game to work, my bet is you will always have problems with this unit.

Probably a RAM or VRAM problem, but who knows. That’s something which would be difficult to figure out for whatever repair staff may have to deal with it, thus why an exchange would be a better and definitive solution. This unit should be dismantled and recycled.

Last edited:
I reinstalled Elden Ring again & it failed.

Anyway, I bought this console back in September from Amazon & was on a waiting list for almost a month. This console's return / exchange period ended in October. My oldest son suggested I call Amazon to see if there's anything they can do. I was not able to exchange it since they claimed to have none in stock BUT was able to get most of my money back. I paid $499 & got a refund for $425. I'll take this as a win. Just need to pack the old one & drop it off at a UPS pickup location, next town over.

Also I just came back from my local GameStop & was able to pick up a Series X Forza Edition, since it's the only one they carried & will try again later or tomorrow.

Thanks Everyone, I will post again when I see what happens next. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Bill

Thanks.
Like I said in an earlier post even though the Xbox Support person told me it was the game, the fact that it worked on my Xbox One & no one else was having this issue concerned me. Now I just need to get used to the mechanics. I'm in my 50's & it always takes me a while to get used to a new game, even one I've played in the past.

Good news everyone. I finally got Witcher 3 to start!!!!!
I still have to install Elden Ring & Skyrim AE with all my mods. But I think I'll do those 2 tomorrow & try to play some Witcher.

Thanks @LeKill3rFou & @nolankotulan,
Bill
Nice !
With these three games, I guess you have enough to have fun for a couple of hours :giggle:
And if you have some screenshots to share, thanks to the new photo mode, feel free to do it here ;)

Top Bottom