The way Marcn Iwinski takes care of business.

+
The way Marcn Iwinski takes care of business.

I was traipsing around the GOG forums and I found this vid. It's long, but well worth it. Iwinski and Guillaume discuss how they balance customer love with making money. Their approach is basically to be human-centric and not consumer-centric. It's brilliant, really, and highlights why so many other game companies don't get it. They speak with real passion during the Q&A session at the end.

I suppose I should have put this in the community section. Sorry mods.

Last edited:
Thanks slimgrin! Really informative!

"We felt bad so we gave them a gift" and "We did a normal thing." Not so normal in gaming business or many businesses for that matter. Yeah CDPR is a rare company indeed, you gotta love them! :respect:

On a side note: I can't stand the people casually running around during someone's lecture or speech. At least some have an embarrassed gait while running around. Settle down and listen people! The masters of game marketing are speaking! I sat through the whole lecture. Do I get a golden star? :rolleyes:

Great catch Slim... that was superb... cheers !

Marcin as ever eminently watchable. Guillaume scored just a little more on the quotable stakes though, just a few:

"Consumers... its a word we hate at gog.com!"

"Everything is virtual, and this is killing humanity a bit."

"Piracy is user friendly"

"If we respect ourselves... we get respect from our human customers."

Damn but these guys have reality held in a love embrace, who could fail to admire these conscientious individuals? Prepared to mea culpa, prepared to take a financial hit, prepared to prove they have respect... business in general has a lot to learn from them.

Sail on CDPR & GOG Sail on :)

Interesting, how they talked a bit about convincing thick scull publishers to release games DRM-free. They also mentioned that their profits grow, I hope it means they have enough resources to roll out Linux support already.

I'd like to know what games the Vatican are buying :)

I'll bet it's those crazy Jesuits at the Observatory, fair play to them !

oh and I have a suggestion for "Customer Love" (I agree its not good)...

KUDOS (from the Greek, it mean honour, glory, acclaim... its Respect with a hint of the magical)

(I'll happily change my nick :p)

I like my life and I suspect you of evilness. I'll skim and listen to only ever third word. Fourth. Fourth word. Yeah.

Yeah. It was boring. CDPR treats customers not like shite - how is that news? Big publishers suck to deal with - also not news. GoG works and they make money and they love it.
I enjoyed the banter, that was fun.
Even Iwin mentions that it shouldn't be surprising that a company treats its customers well - but it is. CDPR isn't the only company that does well by its people, but in gaming world they are one of the few.
Which is nice, but in no way news.
Most rewarding was the clear message that they aren't going to compromise these values anytime soon. Always reassuring.
Don't get me wrong - it was a pleasant listen. Just not exciting.

Last edited:
Well I disagree. There is obvious passion bubbling in these guys, and while in face to face business dealings people often act more human, in the distance & disconnect we have with the majority of our dealings these days theres an impersonal & fleeting relationship that leaves you cold.

CDPR are Warm... and while they are clearly shrewd & successful businessmen they have achieved something that right now I cannot think to say about anyone else: That their bottom line is not profit, but people.

Could be an illusion... but it's a very solid one. :)

Made by gamers. made for gamers.
We can see how different CDPR is, compared to EA, which is 'SELL AS MANY HALF COMPLETED GAMES AS POSSIBLE TO GAIN MAXIMUM PROFIT'

So, maybe we should coin a new phrase and see if its catching on? ;)

To say "That's so CDPR of you" is one of the greatest compliments you can get in the business world. Because if you get that compliment you have not only succeeded in raising a profit as a business but also managed to truly connect to customers and fans, making them love you. :yes

You heard it here first. Now tell all your friends! :phone:

Top Bottom