Foglet, a creature of mist

+
о тут хоть обсуждения идут по новому персонажу, а в русско язычном форуме глухо даже и обсудить то не с кем. а жаль

Come to kaermorhen.ru. There the most russian language forum threads.Here is still fresh, need some time.Mostly the fault of our foks ignorance of matter that there is the official russian threads and language on this forum,but peoples too lazy or just dont have a clue to post a threads and messages there.

Last edited:
^Bah a couple beers bottles boxes of Jäger and a bag over it's head and I'd make sweet love to it.The only problem I'd have is....[sub]I'll shut up now[/sub].

I always thought it was curious, that people often refer to Jägermeister as Jäger, especially since Meister is the defining noun and Jäger specifies what type of Meister he is. It would be as if you had a metal worker and would call him metal instead of a worker. ^^ Never mind. :)

I always thought it was curious, that people often refer to Jägermeister as Jäger, especially since Meister is the defining noun and Jäger specifies what type of Meister he is. It would be as if you had a metal worker and would call him metal instead of a worker. ^^ Never mind. :)
That's not a good comparison.At all actually.For one "Jäger" means "Hunter" and "Meister" is "Master".You can call a master hunter just "hunter" and still be correct while with a metal worker using just "metal" loses all logic and meaning.Secondly using "Meister" would be vastly more confusing than using "Jäger" because there are way more drinks/products/firms that have "Meister" in their name than there are products with "Jäger".

Sidenote:
-I'm a sachen.The only time I use "Jäger" instead of Jägermeister is when I'm talking to non-german speakers.
sir-diealot said:
No drinking with you when I am wearing nothing but a speedo.
Don't worry Sir Dies-Alot.Unless you're a woman or undead then you're sa-....*looks at name*...Sir DieAlot,eh?

I think I'm physically uncapable of entering a thread without derailing it at least once.Please,let's get back to discussing the Outlet Fogware Floger Pikachu Foglet before the boys in "blue" come in and start practicing their banhammer-pizza-flavored swings on our heads.

Yes and no. Meister is the defining word in this context. It is also providing the Gender for the whole noun. If you wanted to specify what kind of hunter it would be Meisterjäger as in Meisterschütze. You are right, that in this case the difference in Semantics is minimal, but the point still stands, that the main noun of the composed noun is the last noun. ^^

So has anyone any proof/reasons now , if Foglers from the wiki are the same or different creatures?

Last edited:
Awsome and CCC (credible creature creation), guys. I mean you're able to create uncredible creatures and make them so credible... Congrats.

You know? There are some days I feel as being a foglet....

Last edited:
Dear God... Quickly, someone go get Antonio Banderas!

"The farmers say they come with the mist."

"So, If there's a fog, they will come."

"There will be fog."

"BRING ME MY ARMOUR!"

Am I right or am I right? I thought of it as soon as I saw your post. I think I have to watch it soon. Again. ^_^

EDIT: On topic I love to see more and more monsters the closer we get to February. But I still want to get some surprises though.

And yeah, Fogler or Foglet? Fogler or Fogling sounds way better. Sorry devs, but I'm honest. :comeatmebro:(And this is me shrugging)

Great design of the monster to I must add. Creepy. Good job devs! ^_^

Last edited:
Lo, there do I see my father.
Lo, there do I see...
My mother, and my sisters, and my brothers.
Lo, there do I see...
The line of my people...
Back to the beginning.
Lo, they do call to me.
They bid me take my place among them.
In the halls of Valhalla...
Where the brave...
May live...
Forever.

Whatever else that movie can be accused of, weak dialogue ain't one of them !

OT: Do you think we'll see Drownedlets, Neckerlets, and Endregalets? Corslets are of course a certainty. ;)

о тут хоть обсуждения идут по новому персонажу, а в русско язычном форуме глухо даже и обсудить то не с кем. а жаль

Ну, так иди и обсуждай, там мало людей, потому что все на каэрморхене сидят, а те, кто был всегда здесь, те и так себе в англоязыных ветках общаются. Надо развивать коммьюнити.

OT: Do you think we'll see Drownedlets, Neckerlets, and Endregalets? Corslets are of course a certainty. ;)

So, it's not just me but even english-speaking people find the name strange?
In my language this monster's name sounds simply great, but in english it's funny as hell.

In my language it is maglovid or "магловид"...It can be translated as "the one who sees through the fog"...So yes, it sounds much better than foglet :cool:

In my language it is maglovid or "магловид"...It can be translated as "the one who sees through the fog"...So yes, it sounds much better than foglet :cool:

I wonder what word they use in Polish, because in Russian localization it's "мгляк", derived from "мгла" (fog) but without the "see through" part. Similar, yes? Slavic versions are better.

Witcher Wiki says that polish version is Mglak:
http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Fogler
So yes, it is basically the same word-mgla, мгла, магла, magla...In my language magla(магла)=fog, vid(вид)=eyesight, so it perfectly describes the creature...
And @nucta, I must agree-slavic versions are better ;)
I mean, I don't mind werewolf and noonwraith-just prefer vukodlak (вукодлак) and poludnica (полудница) :innocent:

Witcher Wiki says that polish version is Mglak:
http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Fogler
So yes, it is basically the same word-mgla, мгла, магла, magla...In my language magla(магла)=fog, vid(вид)=eyesight, so it perfectly describes the creature...
Well, it means that they didn't translate it at all, just transliterated (wrote with Cyrillic).
And @nucta, I must agree-slavic versions are better ;)
We have more flexible languages. Much easier to create new words.
I mean, I don't mind werewolf and noonwraith-just prefer vukodlak (вукодлак) and poludnica (полудница) :innocent:
Well, полудница is полуденница)) in my version of the game:) but she can be called полудница also, it's the same word.
And for werewolf in Russian we usually say оборотень (more like "shapeshifter", this word can be used for any shapeshifting creature, e.g., волк-оборотень or лиса-оборотень - that's for foxes), and the wolf variant is волколак. In Ukrainian it's вовкулака (=werewolf).

Thinking about foxes...
In the latest book
Sapkowski gave us a shapeshifting fox (beautiful story). What if we see such fox in-game... it will be just great. Not enough foxes! We need more foxes!!
View attachment 6960

Attachments

• default.jpeg
    default.jpeg
    8 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
@nucta
That poludnica-полудница thing is interesting...If I say "polu dan" or "полу дан" it means "half of day" or noon to be exact....But if I say "poludeti" or "полудети" it means "to go crazy"..Since the noonwraith-poludnica is the specter that appears at noon and can make people to go crazy, it's absolutely appropriate term IMHO ;)Perfect example of dual interpretation...
Werewolf=Vukodlak, Вукодлак...Vuk, вук=wolf, dlaka, длака=hair, fur...So, wolf's fur or "person that wears wolf's fur"...
And foxes are great...When I was a kid, my grandfather had a fox as a pet 8)

@nucta
That poludnica-полудница thing is interesting...If I say "polu dan" or "полу дан" it means "half of day" or noon to be exact....But if I say "poludeti" or "полудети" it means "to go crazy"..Since the noonwraith-poludnica is the specter that appears at noon and can make people to go crazy, it's absolutely appropriate term IMHO ;)Perfect example of dual interpretation...
Werewolf=Vukodlak, Вукодлак...Vuk, вук=wolf, dlaka, длака=hair, fur...So, wolf's fur or "person that wears wolf's fur"...
And foxes are great...When I was a kid, my grandfather had a fox as a pet 8)

"полу дан" = полдень
Wow, that's neat! For us this name just tells at what time of the day the monster can be seen, no other meanings. Interesting. In a way these things can mislead. Some words in other Slavic languages can sound the same but mean different things.

Foxes, we need more foxes... rrrr.

Top Bottom