Just bought a brand, new retail copy of the witcher 2, game is not working on steam

+
Just bought a brand, new retail copy of the witcher 2, game is not working on steam

So yeah, I just bought a brand, new retail copy of the witcher 2 and the game is not working on steam for some reason, any idea why? I managed to install it without steam but I really want it on steam because of the achievements. Help please! :<

I'm afraid the retail version is not compatible with steam. It has separate launcher. Only steam version is bought by steam store I think, but dont hold me on that 'coz I'm not sure. But maybe there is a way to register it for steam, ask in support forums, REDs tend to go an extra mile for the fans, worth a shot.

[edit]I got :shuriken:

If you really want those achievements, pick up TW2 on the next Steam sale. It'll be very cheap.

If you want to use the Steam interface (shift-tab) while in game, you can always add the game to your non-Steam games in your library. But it won't get you achievements.

Don't worry though, the box version is way cooler than the Steam version, cause you don't get any physical items if you buy on Steam.

Last edited:
If you really want those achievements, pick up TW2 on the next Steam sale. It'll be very cheap.

If you want to use the Steam interface (shift-tab) while in game, you can always add the game to your non-steam games in your library.

Any idea how long will it be till the next sale?

Any idea how long will it be till the next sale?

Well the game just came of a big discount, so you're pretty damn unlucky.
But knowing Steam, it'll be on sale again within the next couple of months. Worst case scenario, summer sales.

At least you got the OST and world map, amongst other nice stuff. Don't get that on Steam.

Last edited:
Top Bottom