How free can we be in TW3?How many possibilities are there?

+
How free can we be in TW3?How many possibilities are there?

Let's say there's a village where the folks are gonna sacrifice a girl to a monster, and Geralt get involved.

What can we do?

Can we stop them from doing this?
If so, how? By reasoning with them,or can we threat them or even kill them?

Can we kill the monster before they sacrifice the girl, and bring its head back to the village?

Can we take the girl to the monster for them and kill the monster?

Or maybe there's a boy in the village who's in love with the girl, and we can secretly release the girl with his help? Getting paid, that's for sure.

And we should be able to just walk away and let things happen.

I just wanna know how free can the mission system be?

If something like happens then it would obviously be a quest, which you could choose to ignore or complete with both having consequences.

Ex: Bandits are terrorising a village; You either choose to intervene or pass by (Help the bandits because they're starving and cold, defend the townsfolk because they're innocent and defenseless or simply walk away

Consequences:

A. Bandits raid the village and push the villagers out while the stubborn ones are forced by Geralt. Leaving the town in a worse condition than it already was but perhaps housing people who deserve the shelter.

B. Bandits attempt to raid the village but are cut down by the witcher, the town proves grateful even though most of the villagers didn't deserve to be defended.

C. Bandits raid the village, many are slaughtered and the town is abandoned.

Most quests will likely have multiple choices and outcomes. So you'll get plenty of freedom on that front.

As an example in one of the earlier interviews it was stated that if you pass through a village that needed help and you chose to ignore the villagers pleas and instead let the bandits take the village then a trader that you could bargain with had you helped the villagers would not be available later because the bandits killed him . So yeah I think there will be ample instances of choices and consequences .

I got the gentle idea of multiple choice, I just hope we could make as many choice as we can imagine. I mean there can't be infinite possibilities right?

I think TW3 would be great, I also sincerely hope it'll be EPIC.

I agree. It is not about quantity of situations and choices, it is about making them all memorable and meaningful. If the entire game has only, let's say, a dozen of significant situations of choice, each one having important consequences, I'll be happy.Too many situations and too many choices is like an open world being too large - people will get lost, and every situation may loose its intended significance.

I agree. It is not about quantity of situations and choices, it is about making them all memorable and meaningful. If the entire game has only, let's say, a dozen of significant situations of choice, each one having important consequences, I'll be happy.Too many situations and too many choices is like an open world being too large - people will get lost, and every situation may loose its intended significance.

Yea you're right, i really hate those games, which offers you generic quests, on generic dungeons (like Skyrim BTW), and you spend hours and hours on this secondary gameplay to get money and objects but they're really boring and repetitive. I prefer those concentrated 50Hrs of side quests in TW3 to be deep, unique, and easily remembered with charismatic NPC's and charismatic story.

Just puting simply and natural future consequences of your actions will be OK...and not complicated in terms of large amounts of different possibilities and options. I think this get the player lost and confuse. TW1 has already achieve an awesome number of possibilities and side quests, and in some point gets me a bit lost. I even can't imagine what will be in TW3...

Last edited:

Guest 2812644

I think the best rule to follow will be ' you reap what you sow'.

Every time someone starts a thread like this I'm reminded of the music from CP2077: "personal... responsibility. personal... responsibility. "

Decisions are the main idea of RPGs in both my and CDPR's view. Meaningful decisions: ones for which you take responsibility regardless of the consequences. I don't know just how much freedom they'll give the player, but the previous games are probably a good indicator. They focus on a handful of decisions that make a good story, and they leave out the potentially more dull or unnecessarily complex possibilities. There is a balance between unnecessary complexity and player freedom, but I think they've done it right in the past and I don't think it'll be any different this time.

Top Bottom