Kingdom Come: Deliverance

+
Sod it, stuck twenty five quid in as it's worth it for the realistic setting and no chance of fucking poncey elves prancing about.

I don't back anything on KS by rule but I'll gladly pick it up when it releases, definitely sounds interesting.

Looks very interesting. They seem to be promising a lot, I have my doubts they can deliver on all their promises. Haven't read much about the game yet but it seems they're going to release it in an episodic way (?) Right now they're developing Act 1 (out of 3, and you only get Act 1 if you back their KS unless you pay a serious amount of money). So yea, probably not going to back this but I might pick it up when all of the acts are complete and I have some information on whether the game is actually good.

lubo1654 said:
Not bad but you need to pledge 360€ to get the full game. Not sure if its worth it.

Allow me to dispel some of your doubts.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/01/22/warhorse-on-kingdom-comes-kickstarter-episodic-plans/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+RockPaperShotgun+%28Rock%2C+Paper%2C+Shotgun%29

The first chapter still has nine square kilometers [of map size] and 30 hours of gameplay, so it’s not a small game. We will lower the price accordingly, though. It’s not going to be $60 per episode, but rather $35 or something. That’s our plan.

Doesn't really change the fact that the only option to get all 3 acts right now is to pay €360. So the point of it not being worth it at that price still stands.

That whole episodic model has me a bit worried though.

Just commented on this game on another thread. Can I move it to here instead? ;)

Wow, where the hell did this game come from? I definately see the Mount&Blade feature and feeling. The duels looked awesome, though I would like to see more gameplay and the mere execution of the fluency of it all. It looked so realistic I wonder if it was gameplay or in-game cinematic(though the tech blends nowadays, I think of Far Cry 3 finishing moves).

Graphics were nice as well, though feeling and atmosphere are more important to me.

I also liked the quirky funny messages in the latest trailer. Dungeons & No(!) dragons. (But we have) Warhorses(!!!). I could actually sense the many exclamation marks behind the text.

I'm definately interested, though Witcher 3 comes first obviously.

Parachrist said:
Wow that was fast. They reached 300k after 3 days!

That's quite amazing. As the effect snowballs, they will get even more money. I can easily see them getting at least 1.5 million.

The only thing I dislike from what I have seen are the attacking animations...something feels wrong about them.

the combat is still in the works. some of the combat from the trailer is on the old system. you can tell because it's slower. the newer one can be seen where you encounter a bandit in the forest. it's faster and strikes connect more fluidly.

i really like the combat. imo, much better than mount and blade, where you just flail and hack wildly. that's not how medieval combat was like, unless perhaps if you're a peasant. it's based on authentic motion captured combat "moves" with their own rules and behavior. and there are i think 18 different locations on the body you can attack. each strike response is then created procedurally using inverse kinesthetics and actual physical calculations. so the reaction to the hit, the effect on the environment(sword colliding with stone wall), the opponents movement, are all made dynamically. that's why the enemy is so good at blocking. because the ai can move its sword dynamically to connect. no more pre-animated swords just clipping all over and through each other.

imo the combat will be a game-changer like how mount and blade's combat brought player control and dynamism to what was once a click spam affair.

I don't back anything on KS by rule but I'll gladly pick it up when it releases, definitely sounds interesting.

By...rule? I must say, I've really enjoyed my KS backings. Downloading Permanence by Deathmole now, in fact.

I didn't enjoy the last few medieval-esque games I tried, think I'll give this one a pass.

It'd be nice to reach 700 for the mocap.

Edit: Just re-read current stretch goal. Glad they'll add it in a way that makes sense.

Last edited:
What I'm seeing so far is great and I will definitely keep an eye on this game.
I'll probably back this game, but will wait right before KS ends and when they add paypal.

Agent_Blue

What I'm seeing so far is great and I will definitely keep an eye on this game.
I'll probably back this game, but will wait right before KS ends and when they add paypal.

From their recently published FAQ

PayPal

Lot of people would like to pay through PayPal. Unfortunately, we are not able to set up new payment methods, this is fully controlled by Kickstarter and they chose not to support that platform. Once the campaign ends, we will continue with pledges on our web site with more options. We are doing everything we can to launch our PayPal store as soon as possible. So if PayPal is your only option of backing us, it's going to be possible in near future.

Additionally, there is word of new mid tiers. They might interest you. Stay tuned.
Newish video update:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAbHmE73p7o

Last edited:
I swear fuckers are starting to do this on purpose, cheers Slim.

The whole point of KS is devs freeing themselves from publisher constraints, to do things their own way. Sadly, some devs are using this as a fast lane to major publishers who utilize DRM and the very things I hate about major game companies. I simply will not back these projects. I still think KS is important, but it's a minefield now.

Last edited:
if you're willing to miss out on this game because it might be steam only, i guess you weren't that interested to begin with. to me, it seems there might not be another chance like this in years or even decades.

but nice conviction. thought, most people have a half-ass stance on drm. they complain about it, but then go to download origin, steam, or uplay for their generic action/adventure fix. but i wonder, with anti-drm, you don't have a lot of choices do you? i suppose your next game purchase will either be witcher 3 or some indie puzzler/platformer/scroller.

Top Bottom