• Option 1: Sword of Destiny-Version

Votes: 323 52.4%
  • Option 2: Debut-Version

Votes: 68 11.0%
  • Option 3:VGX-Version

Votes: 70 11.4%
  • Option 4:Summer Conference-Version

Votes: 129 20.9%
  • Other (Freel free to post your suggestion)

Votes: 26 4.2%

• Total voters
i´m no face design expert but face structure looks the same, at least in those two screens

Last edited:
The face structure is pretty much the same however the glowing eyes seem to be missing in the top screen. Hope they fix this by release.

my only problem is the color of the face there is almost no difference between geralt and an triss or even between npcs, the eyes need to be more bright and if possible add veins showing (toxicity effects of all those years)

I still don't see any difference(colour not withstanding) in his face structure it's literally the exact same

But that is the face from the "Sword Of Destiny" trailer.
It is well rendered and has more polygons, better textures and better lightening compared to the in-game face. It has even a more convincing expression if you compare it to the Swamp/Downwarren gameplay.
The gameplay face, as you can see from the previous posts screenshots, is different from TW2 face and from the one of the SOD trailer.

well this may sound ridiculous but i would like the option to customize a little geralt face, not only beard and hair.
more white, more pink, more affected by toxin, eyes,etc.

They do indeed have a very similar facial structure. I'd say the jawline is slightly more pronounced in the second picture.

The normal map in the second pic has stronger macro details: laugh lines and area under the cheekbones are deeper and more noticeable. Overall it gives the face a thinner/skeletal look.

By comparison the second pic has weaker macro detail but more micro details: all the little wrinkles around the eyes, his nose bridge, his forehead give him an older/wiser feel.

Okay NOW I do notice the face looks a bit different in the Downwarren teaser.

The skin colour has been on my mind since forever, I want my pale witcher back. A stupid theory I have in my head is that maybe they've temporarily giving him regular skin tone for lighting, as in so that they can test lighting for regular people since their faces need to blend with the lighting and Geralt will stand out due to his paleness.

well this may sound ridiculous but i would like the option to customize a little geralt face, not only beard and hair.
...lol.

They do indeed have a very similar facial structure. I'd say the jawline is slightly more pronounced in the second picture.

The normal map in the second pic has stronger macro details: laugh lines and area under the cheekbones are deeper and more noticeable. Overall it gives the face a thinner/skeletal look.

By comparison the second pic has weaker macro detail but more micro details: all the little wrinkles around the eyes, his nose bridge, his forehead give him an older/wiser feel.
Let's not forget that his face doesn't usually look like that at all, it's the 52 and a half potion effect that's made it really creepy.

I just hope the devs take all these concerns about Geralts face to heart. We (or at least I) want Geralt to look like he is described in the books am I right? A menacing and somewhat evil looking character that the townsfolk think of as a freak or ne'er do well.

Did they confirm that we will be able to customize facial hair ?

I just hope the devs take all these concerns about Geralts face to heart. We (or at least I) want Geralt to look like he is described in the books am I right? A menacing and somewhat evil looking character that the townsfolk think of as a freak or ne'er do well.

agree man here's hoping
I remember something similiar when TW 2 was shown Geralt also had a new face back then but they fortunately they
changed it back to classic Geralt
Now I hope they also change it back I want the old Geralt back not this way too soft and human looking dude

Yeah, it seems his jaw got smaller in the transition from W2 to W3. A big jawline makes him more imposing as opposed to a weak one. Maybe it's the beard though, I don't know, but it's the reason I prefer the second and third options.

EDIT: Example No.1 : http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/scale_super/13/131562/2248958-geralt_tattoo.jpg

Look at that jawline.

And this is what Geralt should look like in the final code, how the Sword of Destiny is leading the poll I'll never no;

http://www.kitguru.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/witcherIII.jpg

Seriously! look at that face. Dominant, imposing. All because of his jawline. Can we please have the Geralt in the above picture CDPR?

Last edited:
Geralt is supposed to be skinny. and his face should also look skinny. His face in TW3 sofar looks as if he s eating steak and potatoes every day. too fat :-/

To be honest, I would say either the Summer Conference Version or the Witcher 2 version.
Because those look the most pale and the hair looks the most white and not grey in those.
Also, wasn't his face a little bit longer originally? More skinny?

Which is what I would want.
@revieced* has a profile pic which is exactly how I imagine Geralts face when having high toxicity. Take away the rather dark and undead look of that profile picture and replace it with a more pale blood-less face we had in TW2 and it would be perfect. (OH I do SO hope there are visual effects for toxicity as well, I've been waiting for this since TW1)

Last edited:
To be honest, I would say either the Summer Conference Version or the Witcher 2 version.
Because those look the most pale and the hair looks the most white and not grey in those.
Also, wasn't his face a little bit longer originally? More skinny?

Which is what I would want.
@reviecet has a profile pic which is exactly how I imagine Geralts face when having high toxicity. Take away the rather dark and undead look of that profile picture and replace it with a more pale blood-less face we had in TW2 and it would be perfect. (OH I do SO hope there are visual effects for toxicity as well, I've been waiting for this since TW1)

Yeah, that and a really short animation of potion drinking.

The only menu usage of it is so cold and it gives us the impression that it's not an important aspect of the game, but only a gimmick.

I don't understand the hate, like @sidspyker said, his facial structure is almost identical to the one that we had in Witcher 2. It's the color of his face and the beard that makes it look a bit different. All they need to do is to make his eyes a bit more darker make his face more white'ish like in W2.

i just hope they change it, because for console users like me, we are stuck with that face, for pc users mods will make excellent faces, and that is not good when mods make better stuff then the devs :(

lets wait and see for the final version, right now geralt just looks like any npc

Hi guys, I have a question, and please don't hit me if this is part from the leaked Witcher3-material that is floating around, but I just stumbled across this relatively old News from 2013 on behindgames.com when I searched for some Witcher3-Artworks, and they show what apparently looks like a screenshot taken from a cutscene :

Maybe this is old news to you, and if so I will delete this post. I am just really hyped about this game these days. So sorry for possible spamming in advance:

My question:
Could anyone tell me if that is Geralt, or is that not even from TheWitcher? He looks different...

The interview and picture:
Cheers

HaHa I hope dont look like that.
I thought the in game model of Geralt in that leaked video from 2013 looked good.;)

Top Bottom