Retail exclusive?

+
Retail exclusive?

Hey guys,
I wanted to pre-order the Witcher 3 collectors edition on Xbox one but I'm noticing that based on some images the picture of the collectors edition varies. Some retailers have the gwent cards in the picture while some retailers don't.. Will all Xbox one collectors editions include the gwent cards or is it only to certain stores?

Here's an example:

View attachment 10741

View attachment 10742

Attachments

• 101867_1_LELG.jpg
    101867_1_LELG.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 52
  • The-Witcher-3-Wild-Hunt_Collectors-Edition.jpg
    The-Witcher-3-Wild-Hunt_Collectors-Edition.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 71
As far as i know, all XBOX1 CE versions ll have the cards and the map exclusive.
There was a great fuss about the XBOX 1 exclusive thing Marcin announced some
time ago.

So no worrys it was said XBOX CE s ll have it, so there is no reason to doubt CDPR here.

;)

Why do xbox users get extra stuff. This is actually making me reconsider getting the PC collectors edition. If youre going to pander to one audience more than others, I'd rather not give you my money.

Seriously, its no big deal, a cloth map & some cards that will no doubt become available separately down the road a bit. Me, i'll be fashioning my own in the meantime if i'm desperate to play.

Old Irish saying said:
equal-far go heat and cold, equal-far go hate and love, but the jealousy goeth into the marrow and there abideth forever.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/witcher-3-dev-responds-to-fans-upset-about-xbox-on/1100-6421769/

Essentially, Microsoft gave CD RED money to push sales and the only way CD RED could fulfil this deal with their partner without touching in game content was artificial physical stuff.

Fair enough - 1 more reason to hate microsoft.

Rather cynical way to look at it. Microsoft giving CD RED money is a good thing because it means they have more money to polish their game and CD RED are still staying true that ALL consumers get the same experience/content INGAME, which should be the only real thing that matters.

I for one support this compromise and there's far more "real" issues to be pissed about regarding Microsoft than them wanting to push sales on their console... Especially if it means in the end that all we consumer get a better experience because the developer actually had the budget to fix their game.

Hate Microsoft? Over this?

So they look after their customer base's interests, likely paying from their own pockets for the whole thing, and you see this as valid reason to hate on them?

How misguided is that?

Let's see. Unlike Sony, they've offered CD Projekt support and major exposure at E3 2013 and then at E3 2014, and you are somehow trying to pass this for «pushing them into a corner»?

How misguided is that?

If I remember correctly, Microsoft was even the one to pay for these additions? If anything, Microsoft are performing a nice gesture to their customers here. Hate is the opposite reaction than what's reasonable.

And besides, if this is the only exclusive "content" that MS wants, they can have another goddamn figure in addition to the Geralt/Griffin one in the Xbox one CE for all I care if that would give me a game with no exclusive in-game content.

The lesser of two evils, and knowing Sony's deals when it comes to promos and marketing for games in general, CDPR would have had to make exclusive in-game content for the PS4 version (that is only my opinion).

Last edited:
I was a little pissed off when I heard it back then but on second thought, I don't really care, two decks which aren't exclusive and a cloth map, in the end it's not a big deal at all, and it doesn't tough the game itself which is the most important. Anyway, not gonna come back on the super massive thread there was about the news. ^^

Goodness..I'm happy for everybody who buys Witcher3 even if I don't get certain goodies, I know this" I Finally get to play the greatest RPG on my PS4:thumbsup:

The lesser of two evils, and knowing Sony's deals when it comes to promos and marketing for games in general, CDPR would have had to make exclusive in-game content for the PS4 version (that is only my opinion).

Yeah, just like they do with the Arkham Knight right now. For the full experience I should buy a PS4 and there is no rageing about this as far as I can see even it is far more annoying than a card of deck and a cloth map.

Top Bottom