For those PC gamers who are craving for Min vs Max comparison

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! Finally people speaking the truth come out to play! I thought everyone was brainwashed.I don't think people realize how long people have been waiting for this game. some of us have been waiting since that 2013 video was released and as promised in game footage. So now you are dealing with two years of a let down if it doesn't remotely look like that. that is the issue

After looking at everything and the latest screen shots MY conclusion is that there is no downgrade. It's just that not every scene looks uber flattering during the gameplay whereas in SOD trailer each shot is specifically chosen because it looks uber flattering.

@Marcin Momot , i have one single question, does this represent the PC version ? this is the 35 min gameplay video that hooked me up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fm7S18Tqyec
Yes. This video was captured from the PC version.
I hope you watched this video before answering :) Best quality here http://www.gamersyde.com/leech_32805_1_en.html
So I want to make sure if I understood your post correctly if we do a direct comparison of this 35 minutes PC gameplay video and a retail (patched) PC version of the game (recreate the same scenes) the graphics quality be will almost identical? (I mean the retail PC version will be at least as good graphically as the 35 minutes demo?)
Krakus pozdrawia :)

Last edited:
I can't answer for him but i'd suspect being lied to may have played a part in it.

Why are you defending this game so viscously? Not everyone holds the same tolerance as yourself.

Why? Because for some reason you all have come to some unequivocal conclusion that they lied to us. Like it is a well known fact, like the sun is 93 million miles away.

Because you all refuse to actually look at the comparisons between the 35 minute demo and current and see that the textures, draw distance, and mapping are the same. You are all blinded by other games' instances of failure. For example, it is a common technique for devs to use fog to mask poor draw distance. Just because they added aerial perspective fog doesn't mean the draw distance does;t reach the same level.

Because you all are trashing such a small part of a big picture, one that these people have been working on for the past half a decade, just for us.

Because you all point fingers and claim that the gaming community is dying, and that CDPR is just another crack in the wall thats about to come crashing down, when in reality all the people who raise their pitchforks against devs simply for changing a few visual aspects are the real perpetrators of the "death" of the gaming scene.

Because you all seem to disregard that change is an inevitable part of game dev, and you disregard the fact that the words "WORK IN PROGRESS" is on all the old videos, somehow thinking that every damned new video is how it is ADVERTISED, IT IS SET IN STONE

Because you don't seem to understand that devs cannot simply say "oh these people are getting an inferior experience" when comparing the systems. Ever noticed how in the ENTIRE HISTORY OF VIDEOGAMES, devs have ALWAYS said that there will be "minor differences".

Because you all are either created duplicate accounts or joining up just to make the first post something detrimental and hurtful, like threatening to take your money back.

Because CDP has poured their HEARTS into this project. This is their baby. And we are tearing it to pieces. Imagine how terrible it is for them to have to see all this hatred.

Long story short: they didn't lie. So calm down.

Puhhh, normally not really participating in downgrade-threads, but this time it's kinda funny ...

Guys, there is something like a downgrade, but that's just a logical process of development. When you see that consoles don't get up fine running the game, one have to reduce the graphics, to being able releasing the game on 3 different platforms.

Of course one could argue, that PC Gamers got kinda dumbed ( actually owning PS4 & PC, gonna play W3 on PC, already downloaded from gog), but actually that's a thing we have to accept.
WHY ? --> otherwise it would not be possible to pay 200 people for their work - just that simple and logical

Nowadays pc gamers should always expect some differences between footage way before release and the actual game, not fair you say, but that does not matter.

Finally: I think W3 looks amazing ;) Hopefully there will gonna be a way to bring it up to the 35 min demo later on, maybe when DLC's gonna arrive ... (even though I doubt this gonna be possible )

@Wolfmeister1010

The same thing that happens to a lot of big devs with popular games. Microsoft and probably sony, bribed them to make sure the PC version was not better than consoles. I cannot remember where, but I am pretty sure it was posted way back a leaked contract or document showing a deal with a game dev and Microsoft to make sure that PC games and the consoles are visually identical. Microsoft has a long history of shady shit like this, bribed exclusives, bribed devs to using shitty GFWL which nobody wanted to use, bribed for pc games to be released months after consoles..etc.

I am very disappointed in CDPR for dumbing down their game for consoles, but I am not surprised. The warning signs were already there in the witcher 2 when they used the dumb ass dialog wheel with emotive icons and shortened dialog borrowed from biowares dumbed down system. I will also not be surprised if the game has a lot less controversial stuff in it and is more PG-13 to reach a "wider audience". Greed, greed is the destroyer of all things good and loved.

I still don't buy that the Day1 patch is some magical thing that makes the Sword of Destiny trailer graphics appear again on PC. There is just no way. The patch would be HUGE if that'd be the case. I mean shit, the foilage looked completely different, textures were a lot sharper, lighting was just much more realistic (check SoD trailer at 1:21) and not so cartoony and oversaturated like it is now. That wouldn't be a day 1 patch this be more like a overhaul mod.

I'm pretty sure what we see as PC screens now is what were going to get. I still have a tiny bit of hope though.

Can people explain to me why everyone is attacking @Wolfmeister1010 right now? Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. And I happen to agree (mostly) with the guy. If you want to argue about the topic, please do. "You sound like a marketer" is not an argument about PC Min/Max, or PC/PS4 comparison.

For God's sake, the amount of rage and steel in this thread. Relax and then discuss people... I'm not saying you shouldn't feel bad or concerned or something. But this is not constructive; not in the least.

(And "Damage Control" is not done by community. It is the developers' job to do that, if it's needed. People are just stating their opinions here - as you do. And it doesn't give you any rights to attack people with different opinions, just because you don't like it... This is getting really annoying, really fast...)

Last edited:
Obviously, those who cry about downgrade know nothing about game development. A huge part of game development means to optimize things to run smoothly. I don't think anyone wants real life graphics with 5 FPS, only there seems to be a lot of people who wants that.

In addition, people seem to misunderstand what RPG is about, it's not about benchmarking graphics. It seems like there should be a lot of people here who should be playing other games, because many people here seem to only care for graphics.

And people really have to stop crying about broken promises with the graphics. CDPR has been pretty specific that there will be changes to the game during the development process.

Nowadays pc gamers should always expect some differences between footage way before release and the actual game, not fair you say, but that does not matter.

Expect? how a about being honest about it instead of saying: there will be no downgrades. Because if the final build wont be on the same level then is false advertisement... a lie. supporting that is kinda funny too.

Expect? how a about being honest about it instead of saying: there will be no downgrades. Because if the final build wont be on the same level then is false advertisement... a lie. supporting that is kinda funny too.

That's not supporting of me, not in any case or way. Indeed it's even more the opposite. I'm trying to tell you that as a pc gamer we should know this happens nearly every time, so expect it to happen and protect yourself.

And actually don't buy the game. Wait until official release, look up the actual graphics, decide ( no lie possible )

Obviously, those who cry about downgrade know nothing about game development. A huge part of game development means to optimize things to run smoothly. I don't think anyone wants real life graphics with 5 FPS, only there seems to be a lot of people who wants that.

In addition, people seem to misunderstand what RPG is about, it's not about benchmarking graphics. It seems like there should be a lot of people here who should be playing other games, because many people here seem to only care for graphics.

And people really have to stop crying about broken promises with the graphics. CDPR has been pretty specific that there will be changes to the game during the development process.

See what people like yourself fail to realize is that PC games have settings

So what if nobody can run the ultra settings, atleast they're there and we weren't lied to by having fake footage shown

And there are other games in the industry that look better when they come out compared to e3 footage and such, the best example is Witcher 2

After looking at everything and the latest screen shots MY conclusion is that there is no downgrade. It's just that not every scene looks uber flattering during the gameplay whereas in SOD trailer each shot is specifically chosen because it looks uber flattering.
Not that I'm hoping to sound rude, but I really don't think it is a matter of opinion any longer. Some graphical features, were removed from the game like the fire particles and real time water reflections and foliage was downgraded. Whether the other claims of textures, lighting and draw distance downgrade are true I can't tell for a a fact (although I suspect they are), and whether the effects which were removed are a big letdown that's up for personal taste, but saying there was absolutely no downgrade is just a bit problematic

That's not supporting of me, not in any case or way. Indeed it's even more the opposite. I'm trying to tell you that as a pc gamer we should know this happens nearly every time, so expect it to happen and protect yourself.

And actually don't buy the game. Wait until official release, look up the actual graphics, decide ( no lie possible )

No no what you mean is you just aren't buying into that said "lie". the lie still exists whether you fall for it or not. Thats a moot point there buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom