Fall Damage, too high [FIX]

+
Fall Damage, too high [FIX]

Well, as the title, the fall damage is too high

We need a fix for it.

Or, you know, don't jump from heights. It's more realistic, as far as realism goes in a fantasy game.

I'm a Witcher, not a toddler! I should be able to drop 5ft without breaking my legs like an old lady.

Well, Geralt can handle that, and probably 2 meters up too in my experience, but anything beyond that landing on both legs does hurt ;) besides, you try and do the same with full armor and gear on.

I second this. Jumping off a 4 foot shack takes away half a health bar! It needs a patch. Either that or the confirmation that Geralt has brittle bone disease...

eh well, falling with a bunch of armor on (not the mention what you're carrying), can lead to some pretty interesting mathematics...

i've jumped off the first floor and survived. but maybe a bit less damage, not sure how it scales at higher levels tho.

The falling damage is just rediculous. The armour has nothing to do with it, since you receive as much naked. Geralt loses half his HP jumping from a height that would left a normal person pretty much unharmed, not to mention a witcher. And the thing is that withstanding fall damage even while wearing armour is something that is specifically adressed in the books. It says something in regards that Geralt jumped of a ledge that would kill a normal person, without a scratch, and then he started butchering some Scoiatel.

I must agree there is something wrong with falling. (missing animation at first) that let you control Gerald when falling like a Cat he should be ... At least from normal heigh.

Edit : It's so important to say The Witcher 3 is by far the most enjoyable RPG game I played so far. It's near a perfect game to me ... that's why we tend to reach the perfection with our comments and suggestions ;)

Last edited:
that dude is able to do a crazy high jump ( he look like to jump 2m heigh easyly ) but he cant handle a 40cm fall without dying... that's .. really wrong

Ehm excuse me but why is this in tech support? This is not a bug. It is a design choice and we are talking about if we consider it a good or a bad one :p

I followed another Witcher jumping off the first floor of a barn and lost half HP. Why can the other Witcher jump that height but Geralt cannot? Did the game really expect me to backtrack, move down the ladder and then go outside while the other Witcher jumped straight into the fray?

i had pretty much the same thing, except i lost 95% of my health! i really like this game but with the sharp drops with fps and Geralt's brittle bones, it's becoming a bit tedious.

Guest 3822075

Yeah following
Letho
by jumping right after him is kind a suicide mission. Fall damage has to be investigated.
Altough you can work around I consider it a minor design flaw, beeing stuck in a main quest as I am at the moment is a real pain in the ar..

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the fall damage set to grandma level ?

Guy is freaking super human , fall from a place 3 times his height and almost dies : P

eh well, falling with a bunch of armor on (not the mention what you're carrying), can lead to some pretty interesting mathematics...

Also he does not keep all the items with him , he has a worm hole that connects his bag to the horses bag heheh ,

Last edited:
Umm... when you people jump from such totaly non-dangerous heights in RL do you keep your legs as straight and rigid as possible or try to cushion the fall? If it's the latter, then why do you expect Geralt to be fine without doing the same?

You can ENTIRELY negate fall damage from pretty ridiculous heights by simply pressing the jump/roll button right at the point of impact. I can't belive people just keep dying and decide it's bad design.

It's an excellent mechanic, want to save yourself some time? you have to take a risk. Jump and hope you can land properly or miss the mark and die a silly death.

He jumps 3 meters nothing ... he falls from 1.5 metres lost 70% health ... DAMN YOU CD Red ... there are so many broken thins in this game which makes it unplayable .. and FIX THE GOD DAMN AUTO BATTLE STANCE and auto sheathing sword ... I WANT TO HAVE FULL CONTROL HOW HARD IS THAT !?! ?! ?! ?!?

Fall damage is fine? I stepped down from a distance less than the height of Geralt himself and lost 80% of his health.

---------- Updated at 08:25 PM ----------

Fall damage is fine? I stepped down from a distance less than the height of Geralt himself and lost 80% of his health.

Top Bottom