I've had it. I broke my disc in half. This is the last game I'm buying at launch. Pic Inside.

+
I've had it. I broke my disc in half. This is the last game I'm buying at launch. Pic Inside.

http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/c...800-875737555_zpshclfbb6t.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

I was thirty hours in and Novigrad decided to lock me out of an important quest in addition to other annoying bugs like some shopkeepers not showing up in Novigrad no matter the time of day, minor but it adds to the frustration. I wanted to buy a next gen system to be in the moment when games come out to experience it at the same time everybody else does, but the glitch fest and messyness of these games ruin any fun I have. I really like the game and was my personal goty, but I can't stand how beta testing it feels. The stress ain't worth it and money is not an issue.

From now on, every game that has a solid release date, I'll add one of two months as the actual release date.

Anyone more tolerant than I? I hope everybody else has a much better experience than me.

It was pretty stupid to break the disc instead of just waiting for some bugfixes. Also I have not noticed any bugs except the rare graphical bug, and merchants in novigrad have been working just fine.

Whatever the case, the game is far less buggy than many other titles at launch.

Last edited:
I'd change a couple things ... u seem to have anger management issues. If thats the case, wait a couple months until u buy a game.
And if you do, do it for pc. Highly possible that there are mods out there which fix alot issues already, once u buy the game.

Oh... and if u'd bought it from steam... well... u'd still have the game once it's less buggy. But it's still one of the games with the least bugs on release i've seen in a very long time.

Might want to seek professional help about the whole "something doesn't work like I would like = Ill break it", anyway, personally outside of the XP glitch which was resolved in the latest patch and a couple of crashes, the game has been flawless bug-wise. It sucks to hear that you had apparently a bunch of troubles.

I got digital download so I have no game disc to break

That said I don't understand breaking your own things when you are mad. It's silly. If you're gonna break something break someone else's things.

I do agree that OP needs to tone down his anger. I would catagorize purchasing a game to be minor, imagine what OP would have done if he were to get involved in bigger stake...

That's not going to solve anything, dude. :/ You should have taken a step back and put your energy into something else or another game until it's been fixed...

props to op at least he backed his argument to give it more weight
I'm also baffled with cat school, flood of anger, and Rend skills to still be bugged now when they could be part of most enjoyables builds
it seems no one in QA even TESTED if those talents WORKED before release
I mean quests is one thing, but don't neglect the gameplay in a RPG!

CDPR lied us, and made money from console versions. Whats the point holding a broken game at home? They said that games bugs and frame rate issues will IRON out in release day, but its NOT! We have 5 ea patches and didnt solve it and even it makes worse. I lost my immersion already on this game and give up. I dont want play it anymore, for now I will buy only exlusive games on PS4. This game is for PC guys, and they dont know how consoles work. They made only W2 on 360 dosent mean they are pro on this. They said W3 is exist because consoles, but the game is unoptimized and dosent play smooth. They fixing only whats possible. But when you ask about performance, they saying "we look into" what the hell? It should be already iron out in release day. We are not tester we are players. Dev telling now, forget the performance just enjoy the story, wtf? If I want story, I will buy book and read it. Games first prior is gameplay performance and second is game story. No one gives a .... When the game dosent work well, and so much rage and hate, you wont think the story how good it was. OP did the right thing coz the game is already broke and why should the disk stay in protection case? It feels more stupid that they have our money, and we holding broken game.

Last edited:
No wonder you broke it, you were on PS4 lol. At least PC has some workarounds for quite a few bugs. I can feel you though. I also bought it, just a digital copy. My rig can't even hit stable 15 fps on the lowest settings and the windowed/borderless screen mode is still broken since launch (the cursor won't lock in so even though I could play it in a custom resolution I can't -.-).

Top Bottom