Slower walk speed broken with patch 1.07

+
Slower walk speed broken with patch 1.07

Prior to 1.07 game pad users could move at three different rates of speed, based on how far the left analog stick was tilted: normal walk, fast walk, and run. After patch 1.07, you can only fast walk and run.

Surely this is not intentional?! The alternate movement style was implemented as a toggle option because CDPR stated that it would not be good to change up movement for those who were used to playing the game a certain way. Yet that is exactly what happened. So I believe this is probably a bug introduced with the latest patch and I am posting here in the hopes that the dev team will notice and address this issue.

Many thanks to CDPR for creating such a great game and being responsive to the people buying their games. Keep up the great work!

Last edited:
My same big issues as well. I've reverted back to patch 1.06 in the meantime. Hopefully they will address this and the other patch bugs soon.

Still yet to see any official response regarding this in any thread that its been brought up in, I've shelved the game until we know something at least.

It's such a shame because so much other excellent content was added in 1.07 but this change was just silly!

Yes, I have been following this issue in other threads also, and not a single response from the dev team in any. Just a single sentence response that they are aware of the issue would be nice.

PS4 here, it doesnt seem like a bug - rather an intentional change. Too bad too - seems like a downgrade. Hope they revert to full analog control in a future hotfix/patch

Until I found this thread, I thought that I was the only one annoyed by this. I f***ing LOVE the game, but this "slow-walking" being completely removed is a little annoying. It was just one of those little things that added to the overall experience of the game. Now Geralt moves like his ass is on fire all the time, and it's a little unrealistic to me. Geralt is too damn awesome to move that fast all the time! Haha. Anyway, very minor "problem", considering how good the game is. But as mentioned earlier in the thread, it's a little strange to remove a feature that was already there. As I know, CDProjektRed listens to their fans, so maybe they will take note and re-implement it into the game. Cheers all.

Well first off I doubt we can say anything else here that wasn't already stated in http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/53139-(-1-07-)-Slow-Walk-is-gone

But anyway this doesn't only affect PC users, it affects anyone using a controller, it is the same on PC, PS4 and Xbox One.

I already sent info regarding this to tech support but the guy that responded either didn't read what I wrote (like a lot of people in the larger thread he assumed I was saying you couldn't walk AT ALL) or somehow didn't understand.

To put it simply, before in 1.06 and before you could walk at varying speeds while outside and using an analogue controller, you can tell this as the animation and movement speed changes depending on how far you press the left analogue stick from a gentle stroll to a full blown swagger. In 1.07 You CAN still walk at this slower speed but ONLY while indoors, stand inside a house, tilt the stick very gently and walk against a wall and you will notice not only is the speed slower than walking outside but Geralt's animation is different.

While outside now no matter how little you tilt the left analogue stick Geralt only walks at one speed while outside, FULL speed. There is no gradual increase from a slow stroll to a fast walk, it's just straight to the swagger (which is the speed Geralt walks if using a mouse and keyboard).

I have actually noticed as well that while testing the slower walk indoors Geralt will actually try and break into the faster walk with a tiny tilt to the stick (like what happens outside) but will a split second later slow down.

So whether it is a bug in the animation or a glitch with the order of analogue speed states that you go through while walking I have no idea, but it appeared when the "alternate movement control" method was added. It does affect both alternate and classic control though so it's not like we can just go back to using the classic control method we're used to, perhaps the changes to the alternate more responsive control method had some effect on this?

Sadly, there is not many useful info despite 35 pages ;)
Not all users are having this issue. It may be problem with input from gamepad controller.
On PC, there are pads made by (for example) Microsoft and supported within Windows, and some made by Sony, but using controller emulator made by outside party. On consoles, some people are using different pads than those they bought with console (for example there are controllers made especially for FPS games).

This is why we are asking for details.

Sadly, there is not many useful info despite 35 pages ;)
Not all users are having this issue. It may be problem with input from gamepad controller.
On PC, there are pads made by (for example) Microsoft and supported within Windows, and some made by Sony, but using controller emulator made by outside party. On consoles, some people are using different pads than those they bought with console (for example there are controllers made especially for FPS games).

This is why we are asking for details.

Basically there is only one walk speed now when Geralt is outside. Doesn't matter how gently you push the stick. This is on xbox one, ps4, and pc with a controller. Play the game on console and see for yourself. Walk with Geralt inside, there are different walk speeds depending on how far you push the stick. Now take Geralt outside, you will see there is only one walk speed. It used to be the same inside and outside before patch 1.07, now it is different.

The worst part of this is that CDPR doesn't seem to even understand the issue or that it exists. I submitted the issue as you requested, and I received the following from Amelia Kołat: "The walking is still there, just need to be very gentle with the pushing the analog."

The walking is still there yes, but only at 1 speed when outside. Do you guys even play the game? It is very easy to see and thats why hundreds of people are reporting it. a

I also submitted the issue as asked. And I can confirm this problem on both Xbox one and PC personally. On Xbox one using the controller that came with the console.

This is not a hardware issue, REDkatja, or a glitch affecting only a few people. This problem was introduced with patch 1.07. As charlesadamst said above - load the game up yourself, on a console, and see for yourself the difference between patch 1.05 and patch 1.07. Or load it on a PC and notice the difference between patch 1.06 and 1.07.

Please bring this issue to the dev teams attention so it can be fixed. Thank you.

Last edited:
This is getting a bit ridiculous, it's happening on all three platforms with official controllers.

Everyone IS getting it, half of them just don't notice it or simply don't care because they run everywhere anyway (or are playing the game with a keyboard and mouse in which case there is only one walk speed). I honestly can't believe the developers can't notice a major change in the control scheme of their own game.

You simply can't walk at multiple speeds outside anymore, if it was to do with different controllers then how is it we can still walk slowly indoors?

It makes no difference what pad you use on PC, I've tried it with an Xbox 360 controller on PC, a PS3 pad (using ds3 tool/motioninjoy) and PS4 pad (using InputMapper) emulated as an Xbox 360 pad on PC, I've also tried with an official PS4 pad on the PS4 and an official Xbox One controller on the Xbox One, it was present in every version.

Last edited:
The lack of slow walk is caused by a design decision. We've received multiple reports from users who would complain about Geralt's responsiveness being bad when transitioning from slow walking to stopping. It's a conscious choice, not a bug. We hope that you understand it. At the same time we would like to apologize for not clearing this up earlier in this topic. It was a misunderstanding on our side.

The lack of slow walk is caused by a design decision. We've received multiple reports from users who would complain about Geralt's responsiveness being bad when transitioning from slow walking to stopping. It's a conscious choice, not a bug. We hope that you understand it. At the same time we would like to apologize for not clearing this up earlier in this topic. It was a misunderstanding on our side.

That is disappointing. It seems that instead of fixing an area of the game that needed improvement, the dev team decided it would be easier to just rip that thing out of the game. The ability to walk slow should have been left in the game under the standard control scheme. Many people preferred things prior to change. What is the point of a toggle option if there is really no option?

Horrible decision. You implemented the new control scheme for those that want it. Why change the old one then? Terrible for console players who can't revert to a previous patch. You need to change this back for the normal control scheme. I don't think you understand how some people want the immersion of analog walk. But by all means please continue breaking your game with patches. I'm finally at the point of realization that I bought a $60 demo. Basically I have to be afraid that a feature I like might be removed every time the game is patched. Does that sound fun?

Top Bottom