1.12.1 Rendering.ini

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
1.12.1 Rendering.ini

Hi guys,

First post here (but I've been lurking the forums for a while) to make a request for help, damn ^^

I've accidentally deleted my "rendering.ini" from ...\bin\config\base\ and as I can see, that file does not reappear when you launch the game like the user.settings. The game still runs, but I don't know, I'm little OCD and I wanted to have it as it should to avoid future bugs or problems.

So... I'm looking for a good guy/girl that wants to help me and upload the original 1.12.1 (not modified) rendering.ini file or even the whole "base" folder (zipped) somewhere. The whole folder won't be more than 10kb.
I know about the repair cache thing in GOG, but I've never used it and I guess it scans the WHOLE game but I don't want to have more read/writings from my SSD than necessary (my OCD again).

Thanks in advance, really appreciated.

Guest 2364765

It doesn't matter much, all entries that exist in user.settings have priority over .ini files in config folder.
Those that didn't exist in user.settings revert to engine defaults, which were in rendering.ini so nothing's lost.

You should be able to recreate any missing or damaged files by simply verifying the integrity of the cache (Steam) / validating the installation (GOG).

You should be able to recreate any missing or damaged files by simply verifying the integrity of the cache (Steam) / validating the installation (GOG).
Yeah I know that. I just wanted to avoid reading/writing 35Gb on my SSD to just repair a 1kb file.

It doesn't matter much, all entries that exist in user.settings have priority over .ini files in config folder.
Those that didn't exist in user.settings revert to engine defaults, which were in rendering.ini so nothing's lost.
Cool. That's what I thought, because the game is running fine, but I don't know if it will be problems when a new patch comes or when the next expansion releases, that's why I wanted to get it back.

Thanks guys.

Guest 3875715

Here it is - \bin\config\base Rendering.ini (v1.12.1)

Attachments

• rendering.zip
    1,004 bytes · Views: 387
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom