Bug With Herbal Book

+
Bug With Herbal Book

I searched around a bit, but didn't see anything related to this issue that I'm having...The last few times I've played through the game, I've been having this problem. In act 1, I go to the inn right in the beginning of the game. I buy the herb book from the antiquary that would allow me to identify the basic herbs and plants that you find around in the Vizima outskirts, such as celandine, berbercane, white mertle petals, etc. I read the book, verify that these things are now in my list of identifiable ingredients in the journal, then leave the inn. As soon as I go through the gate outside the inn, I should start seeing this stuff right away; I know from past playthroughs that there are celandine plants right outside the gate, and to the right are a number of white mertle plants that sit alongside the wall surrounding the inn, but I can't harvest anything from them, like I should be able to after reading the book. I can't identify them at all.I'm assuming this is a bug, though I'm wondering if it has to do with something that maybe I'm doing out of sequence? I doubt it, but at this point, I'm not too sure. Just wondering if anyone else ran into this issue and possibly found a workaround for it... For the record, I'm patched up to the Director's Cut, but I experienced this issue previously, before the Directors Cut was even available.

have you spent a talent on the "herbalism" skill under intelligence? if not, i think that is the issue :peace:

Oh jeez, I feel like an idiot. OF COURSE I DIDN'T!!! :teeth:Thanks man, haha, you've won my "Captain Obvious" award for the day for reminding me how absent-minded I am. ;)Duh...Thanks again, I totally didn't even think about that...

ChorusOfOne said:
Oh jeez, I feel like an idiot. OF COURSE I DIDN'T!!! :teeth:Thanks man, haha, you've won my "Captain Obvious" award for the day for reminding me how absent-minded I am. ;)Duh...Thanks again, I totally didn't even think about that...
Don't worry about it -- people come here asking this question quite often, so you're by no means the only one to ever have missed this!

Top Bottom