Recent content by all-a-mort

+
  1. A

Food

That sounds about as edible as haggis :o ...which I am sure many people like very much, my own parents for example...me not being an example.There's a large number of Polish food shops in London now as well, a few of which are in the vicinity of my office in the city, but I've not yet decided to...
  2. A

Raining cats and dogs

Ditto with Voylodion, I'm British...that amount of rain reminds me of summer..or every time I've ever been to Wales. To be fair, the rain does seem quite well done graphically compared to other games' weather. Besides if it didn't rain as much i wouldn't get to amused when dwarves swear about it...
  3. A

[ACT II] Plants in Act II

Ba..ba..ba..ba..yes...but he didn't help me identify anything new when I spoke with him. His speech impediment seemed a bit off and on as well.
  4. A

"That one is for monsters"

I can picture the poor folk scrabbling about for the bits of silver chipped off the blade when Geralt fights. I mean if people would clip coins for a tiny bit of silver to build up a lump to sell, then I reckon there would be people following Geralt to pick up scraps lost from edge damage. For...
  5. A

The Witcher Compared to ES IV:Oblivion and Others

Oblivion isn't an RPG proper, but in someways I find I play that in a more natural way. I'll explain:The plot driven nature of the game and the way that the quests are so heavily interconnected means that I tend to play the Witcher basing my choices and activities on the advice found on the...
  6. A

[ACT II] help with salamandra badges

I think he told me his employer, just no more. But the badge issue never came up. I'll maybe need to spend a whole evening in the inn rather than stop off before going somewhere else to kill things. But I'm not convinced I'll see him again. :-\ Oh well, I'll go and seek consolation in the arms...
  7. A

[ACT II] help with salamandra badges

Can someone please explain what the deal is with the messenger guy in the inn? I met him one night and had a short chat but avoided threatening him so as not to p*ss him off and avoided the salamander question. Then I thought that perhaps having a drinking contest with him might help me get...
  8. A

Funny Stuff, little secrets, eastereggs...

Need to give an honorary mention of a comment in another thread that described Kalkstein as looking like someone from the Planet of Apes. He does look like one of the chimps at that.
  9. A

[ACT II] A Most Uncommon Wine - Phfft! Hack! Cough! Puke! Die!

I did that quest drunk after trying to drink Leuvarden's messenger under the table (I won for all the good it did me). Just used group silver and maybe a little Aard and it took maybe 30 seconds. Out of interest, having decided not give that wine to Conrad (the lousy cheat) what can I do with...
  10. A

If you had one wish...?

Yeah, imagine that... ;)I wish that we lived in a world where people got exactly what they deserved, for better or worse.
  11. A

Which fantasy film is the best

Hang on, that's science fiction. Thought this was a swords n sorcery thread (as in no spaceships or Harry Potter).Not that much a fan of fantasy films either (so few good ones). I can't get past the historical mash-ups. It seriously gets on my nerves when they mix up technology, culture etc from...
  12. A

[ACT II] A gift for the Gossip

I gave her the diamond I won off Zoltan in a drinking contest in Chapter I. No idea what that thing was worth...oh, well evidently diamonds are a girl's best friend...
  13. A

"That one is for monsters"

I'd imagine if not for the poisonous quality of silver it'd be fairly useless as a weapon (hence I take issue with the Elder Scrolls games and their uber steel weapons). This article debunking the titanium sword idea from the likes of the Blade films might be worth a look. Silver is likely even...
  14. A

[ACT II] Echinopsae and Coccacidium

Guess I'll just dose myself with some swallow, blizzard and Tawny then and do some pruning. Hadn't realised the this was an Archspore and a named one at that, though I did wonder why it looked a little different and was killing me rather easily. Didn't want to waste potions on a regular...
  15. A

Funny Stuff, little secrets, eastereggs...

Nothing wrong with knowing 'er from the play. A lot better than knowing from this: http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=73633Not sure what's worse, using poor Abigail as a band name or that logo.
Top Bottom