Recent content by CloudAtlas451

+
  1. CloudAtlas451

Anyone thinking Cyberpunk would be better game without rpg elements

I agree. The story does regard V as a solo. And I feel like a mix of shooting, sneaking, and a bit of "utility hacking" is the intended, always viable, and mechanically most rewarding playstyle, whether that's intentional or not. Combat quickhacking feels like an afterthought. It is...
  2. CloudAtlas451

And I don't disagree with you. At least not in principle. But at the end of the day, a game developer has limited budget. If you write a story with many meaningful choices, that means you have to invest a lot of resources into producing content that a single player will never see in their single...
  3. CloudAtlas451

An extremely faithful adaption might be difficult. But a turn-based party RPG with combat mechanics like XCOM plus social interactions like Baldur's Gate, I could see that working very well. But of course that would be a very different game. 1650910120 There's another reason for doing that...
  4. CloudAtlas451

Yeah, that's true, reducing the number of levels and making each attribute and perk level up more significant might have helped a bit. Apart from Cyberware, the progression system really resembles looter shooters the most. I wonder if that was the original intent of developers? Maybe the...
  5. CloudAtlas451

My understanding is that the OPs criticicism is not really about the existence of certain RPG elements - mainly the progression system - but them being inconsequential at best or harming the experience at worst. And I agree with that. The thing is, if you removed levels, levelled items and...
  6. CloudAtlas451

If you have an RPG with levels and a numbers-based progression system forcing you to specialize in a certain area in order to keep up with the equally levelled enemies, then over the course of the game your character does not really meaningfully improve, but stays equally strong relative to...
  7. CloudAtlas451

Is it really that relevant what label you attach to the game? Many shooters have a progression system. Many have loot to some degree. I mean, there's a whole subgenre called looter shooter. Many shooters have classes, too. Some shooters even have interesting characters and story, some even allow...
  8. CloudAtlas451

I didn't like that in TW3 either, yes. And if I remember correctly that is not an aspect of the game that was praised far and wide at the time either. I'd say the major differences for me here is that in CP2077, combat is much more fun to begin with, so I mind such a progression system...
  9. CloudAtlas451

That's actually a quote from the guy who developed the Realistic Combat Overhaul mod. I had similar experiences though. For example, I still remember how I had no problem with story mission where you deal with enemies of the same gang, but a gig in the neighborhood with the same type of enemies...
  10. CloudAtlas451

If a game has static values for the player character, item, and weapon attributes, it's easier to balance everything so that combat feels good. The more of these attributes are variables, the more potential combinations you have here, and the more difficult this task becomes. And the more...
  11. CloudAtlas451

I love Cyberpunk 2077 but… I largely agree with you. Cyberpunk 2077 aims to portray a world where “a stray bullet could end you while hailing a cab”. The core issue is that the moment-to-moment gameplay Cyberpunk (I think) intends to provide – a relatively “realistic”, fast-paced shooter doesn’t...
Top Bottom