Recent content by Didacgomez

+
  1. Didacgomez

What (do you think) will be your GOTY 2023?

Colony Ship for me.
  2. Didacgomez

Why did you kill stealth netrunning?

I'm not sure, but given the changes (not only to stealth netrunning, but overall perk tree's,progression,scaling,gameplay emphasis) that 2.0 is a test of PvE component for future games with online component (redengine multiplayer is dead, but I seem to remember they confirmed that with Unreal...
  3. Didacgomez

Why did you kill stealth netrunning?

See, but using a dnd analogy they changed from quadratic wizard to fighter wizard (according to your T1 and T2), while some people enjoy their quadratic wizards.
  4. Didacgomez

Skill Checks Increase/Scale with Level? (2.0)

I'm not a lot into studio changes and whatnot, but if I recall correctly there was a change of game director and very often one tries to get rid of the old and put your own seal when you land in this type of positions.
  5. Didacgomez

One issue is the absurd level cap, if you start with +0 damage(or to hit or to crit or any other game mechanic) and want to provide say a double (or whatever) damage by end game the impact is smaller if your level cap is 50 instead of 20. But i guess most people want not a smooth progression...
  6. Didacgomez

It didn't sit well for me,i uninstalled after few hours, but if people like it i will not be as mean as some people during release. But yes, 2.0 is a departure of the original classless system. I think that 2.0 is half-baked in part because they didn't want to completely remove 1.63 leveling...
  7. Didacgomez

But this is what myself and other people have been saying since 2.0 release, they want you to play an archetype. So a low Int brawler would not be able to do other things than "Hulk smashes"-dramatization , i know-. Hidding skill checks if you don't meet a requirement or are very far from that...
  8. Didacgomez

Level scaling ruins the game

Pillars Of Eternity II provided several options to adjust the level-scaling, and balance in that type of game is harder than here: -None -Critical path,excluding side quests and tasks. -All And on top of that an option of only level scale upwards (if you overleveled). Also level scaling was...
  9. Didacgomez

Their rationale was probably to create more "unique" playthroughs by forcing 1 or 2 attributes focus... you know all the "this game is not a RPG" at release? Now the game is asking you to commit to an archetype but not telling it to you in the character creation. Doesn't sound like a bug or a...
  10. Didacgomez

Don't look at me, i think is a bad mechanic that always breaks at some point...with traditional leveling systems at least is in player hands to decide if they want to "suffer" or stomp over content.
  11. Didacgomez

My favourite game, now dead

I'm with you that is a much worse system, but we might not be target audience... What i can imagine it happened was that if you remember on release they received lots of flak of their system because it was " little boring % increases and passives"... it was not an amazing system but i thought...
  12. Didacgomez

I uninstalled 2.0 after reaching level 6 or 7 because i didn't like it. But my assumption is that its better to don't do gigs or events or hoard attribute points till you find a skill check (i guess is possible,didn't try that)... from what people is saying, you can get locked of at least one...
  13. Didacgomez

People need to realize that level-scaling at its root is an anti-grinding feature... so the optimal way of playing 2.0 is to limit your level-ups. You no longer have to worry about enemies at all, they keep pace with you.
  14. Didacgomez

I think that they wanted to use archetypes and just "pick" your next ability at level-up, but probably they thought it would have had a bad reception... so now we have level-scaling+a perk system designed to put you into an archetype.
  15. Didacgomez

Funny thing, is that apparently those who tried 2.0, found what was about and said politely "i drop this is not for me" we didn't understood the new mechanics or are reactionaries to change.
Top Bottom