Recent content by Dreadpoet

+
  1. Dreadpoet

What is your biggest fear regarding CP2077

I am afraid that the leveling system and characters upgrades will inevitably make the game too easy to be enjoyable.
  2. Dreadpoet

Ultimate Villain suggestion

I think Cyberpunk can benefit in taking its cues from Frank Herbert's Dune. Power struggle creates villany.
  3. Dreadpoet

top 10 favorite games

Combat (Atari 2600) Legend of Zelda (Nes) ShadowRun (Snes) Final Fantasy III (Snes) Doom 2 (PC) Golden Eye multiplayer (N64) Ninja Gaiden (Xbox) Rainbow 6-3 (Xbox) Mass Effect (Xbox 360) Red Dead Redemption I (Xbox 360)
  4. Dreadpoet

No loading screen during fast travel, please

I like public transport being the only means of true fast travel. Clicking the menu button, pointing on a map, and instantaneously being there just does not seem real. It plays to one of the criticisms about modern gaming. The criticism being that, though we have the ability for an immersive...
  5. Dreadpoet

How to narratively bound Sidemissions and the Main Quest

In theory, I like the sound of side missions tying in with the main story. However, I often want a break from the main story. Doggedly following a single story line may lead to a game that begins to feel linear, a character that feels 2D in their single mindedness, and an experience that begins...
  6. Dreadpoet

Noir, the last frontier for creative writing in the mass media.

Side Street (film noir 1950) “New York City. An architectural jungle where fabulous wealth… and the deepest squalor live side by side. New York, the busiest, the loneliest, the kindest and the cruelest of cities.” L.A. Noir (2011) “Los Angeles was the kind of place where everybody was from...
  7. Dreadpoet

A game is only as good as its villain/s

1) I like psychos with panache. (think Kefka from Final Fantasy) 2) I like entities that do not understand what is right and wrong (think GlaDos from Portal) 3) And I love villains who truly believe they are the heros...and their cause just. (think Covenant from Halo)
  8. Dreadpoet

FPP/TPP Perspective Thread OPEN. Be NICE.

It may sound silly, but I sometimes get frustrated with TPP. My character often gets in the way (view) of action or of scenery. As well, I prefer the theatrical nature of FPP.
  9. Dreadpoet

Quick questions about companions

I always liked how the Shadowrun titles pushed you to hire runners whenever you got a gig. My playing style and resources greatly dictated how much nyuen to drop on hiring shadowrunners. I formed a bit of a bond with some of them. I miss you Hamfist
  10. Dreadpoet

Eye implants

I'm just not quite sure why you would replace your eyes when smartglasses would probably be more efficient...and less gruesome. I do not know about you guys, but when the ripper doc goes for V's eye--I wince. My own eyes hurt.
  11. Dreadpoet

What creative solutions to game difficulty could be added other than the archaic HP/DMG modifiers?

I agree this makes a bit of sense...but I do not think it makes sense in terms of Cyberpunk 2077 aligning with 2020. While there is some translation that needs to happen for a FPS title to work alongside pen&Paper rpg rules, I think the same basic damage ruleset/mechanic should apply from...
  12. Dreadpoet

What creative solutions to game difficulty could be added other than the archaic HP/DMG modifiers?

Though off topic of gaming difficulty, I like the question regarding the definition of roleplaying. It often feels like if a game is set in a fantasy world, with leveling up, it is an rpg or an action rpg. I think that you have to expand your definition of roleplaying when approaching video...
  13. Dreadpoet

I think you can still have an immersive experience while in a gameplay (non-realistic) experience. The theater refers to this as "verisimilitude" or seemingly true. The audience (player) can have an immersive experience so long as the play's (game's) world is consistent and has a seeming truth...
  14. Dreadpoet

Is there only one body type for women? (NPCs and such)

I would think in cyberpunk anything...gaunt would be the most common body type. Drug addictions, lack of resources (food), and narcissism (from the elite) would probably lead to the Karen Carpenter/Kate Moss look. Mabey you would have some vanity from the beefcakes who want to mod their bodies...
  15. Dreadpoet

Player immersion is what you make of it. I feel pulled out of a game whenever I see a FPS gaming mechanic not make sense. I.E., how could you possibly shoulder a sniper rifle and fire, with practically no time to site, and be more accurate than lining up the shot. I do shoot...real guns...
Top Bottom