Recent content by easy505

+
  1. E

So CDPR has listed many of their inspirations for this game, which stand out for you?

I'm reading William Gibson's Sprawl Trilogy. Neuromancer, Count Zero, and Mona Lisa Overdrive. Fantastic books. A lot of the tropes that became Cyberpunk 2020 came from Gibson, including Night City and a lot of the tech and lore. Coming in the mail as we speak is Gary A. Ballard's Bridge...
  2. E

Controversy in gaming

I think it's about presentation. You can't just do like they did in movies like "The Hills Have Eyes" and plug in a rape scene just because and say "Hey, look what we did! Aren't we edgy?" It has to serve a purpose form a story telling standpoint. The scene from Tomb Raider, as I understood...
  3. E

How would you feel about Cyberpunk 2077 always online ?

EA has really shot themselves in the foot with this SimCity fiasco. They won't lose any money on it this time out, but the mounting DRM issues are going to start impacting sales in the near future. The next-gen console cycle is going to bring it to a head, I think. Thank God for people like...
  4. E

Forum challenge question is stupid.

I think they make an implant for that.
  5. E

GEAR and Crafting: Clothing, Armor, and doohickeys...

Ah ha, but the trailer that started all this mess reminds us that this great epiphany as you call it generally comes at the price of a lot of messy meat dissection at the mall... Come ot think of it... I'm a hot cyborg lady, going down the street to get a futuristic soda of some kind.... In...
  6. E

Probably cheaper and easier to just saw off the top of your skull and then start headbanging until your motor functions give out. Same effect, more mess, less debt.
  7. E

Cyberpunk Soundtrack

I've been listening to Juno Reactor lately... Apparently they are still around, shows how up on current affairs I am.... Mona Lisa Overdrive and Navras from the Matrix trilogy are pretty good tunes...
  8. E

She's not even wearing CHEAP sunglasses. I'll pass.
  9. E

What Cybernetics do you want to see in the game?

It also disables your communications node, namely all of those contacts that you once dated and are prone to drunk dialing.
  10. E

I'm mostly just obsessed with those Matsuda 2809 sunglasses she had in that movie. I've always wanted a pair, and eBay can provide them for the low low price of one arm, one leg, and your soul. Also, DRM is terrible. /backontopic :D
  11. E

The rumors you make up are more entertaining. If we can't have a cyberpunk future, I'll settle for apocalyptic machine war where Eric Stoltz turns into Bruce Wayne and gives up his whole failing-at-life schtick.
  12. E

What Cybernetics do you want to see in the game?

His information is accurate. It's what killed Mitch Hedberg. (Apparently the congenital heart defect was not prepared for such an assault.)
  13. E

The primary reason I'm seriously considering switching back to Sony for this console cycle. Or just building out a beast-mode PC for games like this. I have to say, dude, I don't know where you live, but the internet isn't nearly as reliable where I'm from. The infrastructure of America's...
  14. E

And so you decide to sprint for the med center and all of a sudden everything turns black and white and you drop on your face.... Only to wake up in the med center, as you said before, ridiculously in debt for the exploded heart they just replaced. lol
  15. E

Character Romance Discussion

It would have to reflect the cyberpunk genre. It couldn't be lovie-dovie and insipid and saccarin sweet... It would have to feel almost like a relationship of convenience. Friends with benefits. Barebones and rudimentary. Kind of like Case and Molly from Neuromancer by William Gibson...
Top Bottom