Recent content by Edirr

+
  1. E

[ACT I] the beast help

Magdoran, I have no idea why you had such problems. I have a machine two years old, with just the video card changed to Radeon HD4870 256MB, 2 GB RAM and an Intel E6600 Core2Duo and I have no noticeable slowdown even with the graphics cranked up to max in every category. With the old Nvidia...
  2. E

[GENERAL] Why Were the Subforums Removed?

You do have a point there about how it looks. The problem with a story-driven game like The Witcher is that you usually have to trade one off for the other. The thing is, from a casual glance, the existence of the child forums did not give the impression of necessarily moving slowly, as some...
  3. E

Okay, thanks for the reply, St_Ghost. If you cared to bring this thread to the attention of the CDPR people, I would appreciate it, because there is also an aspect into this that concerns them directly. See below.Right now, The Witcher is a game that has been out for a fairly long time, so in...
  4. E

The problem is that here I would have the most things to contribute, as I have done in the past. But the current structure just means that I won't. Not worth it after the change. We'll see where the general forum goes and maybe I'll participate there. But so far the story/quest section was the...
  5. E

[GENERAL] Why Were the Subforums Removed? Seems like the maintenance update has resulted in all of the subforums for the various chapters being removed and all posts mashed together into one big forum. I would like to know the reasoning behind this change, because it does not seem to make any...
  6. E

[ACT II] Cemetary Key HELP!

Has the gravedigger delivered the body for the autopsy yet? If he has, then ask him about access. Unlocking those dialogue options was not hard, so there must be something that you have not done.
  7. E

[ACT I] Burden in the Cave

Almost impossible to actually get as far as the cave without ending up at level 6 by the time you go in. Too much easy exp lying around in the form of quests and small monsters.
  8. E

[ACT III] Salamandra carrying potions?

I have found swallows on them, yes, but also on the small groups you need to kill during the Reaping Time quest.
  9. E

[ACT III] Salamandra carrying potions?

The salamandra in the swamp do carry potions sometimes, usually swallow. Both the overseers and their helpers and the ones in the former nonhuman camp.
  10. E

[ACT I] Burden in the Cave

I usually do this fairly early in the act precisely because the experience reward for the echinopsae is larger in the beginning.Useful talents:- Position (from strength, parry +10%)- Repel (from dexterity, parry +10%)- Deflect Arrows (from dexterity), but not necessary- Poison Resistance (from...
  11. E

[ACT II] 2 side quest questions thanks!

It's not as if these two are the most obvious side quests or anything. Some people miss both on their first playthroughs. So ask away if there is anything.
  12. E

[ACT II] Confrontation in Raymond's Office -- MASSIVE SPOILERS

No need for anyone to bother themselves about my request anymore. I have the values, found them out in the course of exploring the various autopsy alternatives and quest branches.
  13. E

[ACT II] Complete Walkthrough of Vizima Confidential

The wiki entries on Vizima Confidential, Suspect: Ramsmeat, and Suspect: Vincent Meis have been updated with some more information which explain certain alternative solutions to dilemmas that seemingly placed the plot at a standstill and prevented moving forward.
  14. E

[ACT II] 2 side quest questions thanks!

The con artist is at the sewer entrance in the early morning. The best time to go there is right before the time turns from dangerous to safe, as he is always there at that moment. The window of opportunity was from 6:30 to 7:30 in the morning.The woman for the wraith quest is around 12:00 to...
  15. E

[ACT III] Triggering Gold Rush?

Corylea, it was not intended as such and if it looks like that, I apologize both to you and to game widow. I sometimes may sound harsher than I intend to be.The Witcher Wiki is truly a marvel and yes, it is astonishingly accurate. I can also appreciate the effort that has been put into it...
Top Bottom