Recent content by esh999

+
  1. E

Hearts of Stone release date announced

That's good. I like the regional accents which the different parts of the Northern Kingdoms have. Temeria and Redania = English accents. Skellige = Irish accents. Dwarves and Kaedwen = Scottish accents. Aedirn = Welsh accents. Now complete it with Toussaint = French accents.
  2. E

Hearts of Stone release date announced

Good, I don't want to be mean and I know people can be sentimental about returning voice actors. But Shani's american accent was horribly out of place in the first game. For a game series set in a world inspired by medieval Europe, all the american accents are horribly out of place. But I...
  3. E

[Mild Character Spoilers] Missed opportunities for romance options

Read the short story again if you can't remember, he was an extreme elitist mage douche, he thought less of Geralt because he gained if magic through mutations instead of years of studying and labour. And he kept going on about how Geralt has 'no emotions'. He was a prick, no denying that.
  4. E

[Spoilers] - The game needs more/better 'consequence of decision' quests

I absolutely agree with you that Roche would save Anaïs at the drop of a hat, if he knew where she was. If you kill Aryan in TW2 then Marie Louisa wouldn't tell you where she is, therefore Geralt can't tell Roche. Maybe he could help in the quest, but the quest would still need to be blocked...
  5. E

Maybe through Roche, but he's busy with his assassination plot with Dijkstra and Thaler for most of TW3. The whole idea is that this quest is solely the consequence of that choice from TW2, therefore the only way to get this quest would be to have made that decision. It's true, Anaïs is almost...
  6. E

But how? The whole idea here is consequences of choices, if you killed Aryan then Marie Louisa will just ignore you in TW3 therefore the save Anaïs quest will never appear. Like how Letho's quest doesn't appear in TW3 if he's dead. Thats why I included the Skellige exile, it's far enough away...
  7. E

You mean Istredd? What a prick.
  8. E

[Spoilers] - The game needs more/better 'consequence of decision' quests I love the Witcher 3, but after completing my second play through (using a different TW2 save and making different choices in TW3) I realised that nothing much is really changed or influenced by our choices. Of course...
  9. E

I agree with 99% of what you wrote, I even think there are others who you didn't mention (Edna var Attre, Tomira, Birna, Corinne, Priscilla, Margarita ex...). I understand that this isn't a 'gotta f*ck 'em all' game like the W1, but it's still a role playing game and I wish they could've been...
  10. E

The Continuity Problem with the Toussaint Expansion

I'm 99% sure that travelling to Toussant will be tied to the main plot somehow. I think that Toussaint will become available after the Battle of Kaer Morhen and Bald Mountain, when Geralt and Ciri return to Novigrad. After completing all the Novigrad based quests (Final Preparations), before the...
  11. E

Stuck on find hammond

I think a guard at the gate has a letter 'Hammond's orders' or something, find it and read it. If not he's on the hill to the right of the camp.
  12. E

Three basic motives for narrative and atmosphere in the novels Witcher 3 doesn't feature on the same level

Still it's a theme essential to the narrative of the books, a theme which is completely absent from the game. The absence of this from the game is unrealistic at times. In the book witcher world atleast one of the Baron's men would have tried to sexually assault Ciri during her time at Crow's...
  13. E

Some questions ..contain spoilers

Answers to your questions, I'll try my best... Q1 - Don't know... Q2 - In the Post-Game world, after the credits, none of the main characters appear in the world. The post-game ISN'T a continuation of the narrative but instead merely an oportunity to complete any left over contracts and side...
  14. E

Three basic motives for narrative and atmosphere in the novels Witcher 3 doesn't feature on the same level

Another example of Euhermerism from the game is Ciri and the Seven Dwarves, but Sapkowski already covered that in the books with Renfri. Another dynamic from the books which I found lacking in the game was the sexual side of Ciri's story. Wasn't it the 'child of elder blood' that was necessary...
  15. E

Gwent old friends zoltan location after main quest

Once the main quest is finished most main characters disappear from the world, because the post-game isn't a continuation of the story, it's merely an opportunity to finish any left over side quests and contracts, so there technically isnt a need for them to be in the world. The game intends for...
Top Bottom