Recent content by gregorovitch

+
  1. G

Can't beat Kayran, please help!

I'm on hard but I can't see how to turn it down to easy for this, or if that would actually make a difference. I know the principle of how to do it, it's just I'm no good at this sort of thing and I really don't like it so the chances of me being able to perform all the necessary parts to get...
  2. G

Can't beat Kayran, please help!

I'm stuck with this as well, have been for over a week, I just can't summon the enthusiasm to concentrate on this wholly unenjoyable sequence. I've managed to sever two tentacles once, but the other 100 or so attempts I've only managed one or none. I need a way past this. In DA2 there equally...
  3. G

How do I disable the cut scenes for Kayran battle

I'm used to Esc, or possibly Enter, last resort LMB. Didn't think of RMB but it seems to work here.
  4. G

What is your job?

One wonders what Geralt would make of a Health & Safety Officer suggesting he should be wearing safety glasses, florescent jacket and a hard hat on the job.
  5. G

Cheers, that worked fine :)
  6. G

How do I disable the cut scenes for Kayran battle I just spent a un-enjoyable and frustrating hour watching the Kayran battle cut scene over and over again trying to work out the lie of the land for this battle and getting maybe 1 or 2 seconds of the sequence worked out each reload, something...
  7. G

Trouble playing this game

Yes I am playing EE and fair enough, if this is a bug then I am reassured - I can live with isolated bugs that can be got round. However I still hold that the Nekker Contract journal entry I quoted up page is misleading.
  8. G

I can't see how to get a screen shot of it - PrintScreen doesn't seem to do anything. Interestingly my current save is around midnight and the trader in the town square (name beginning with F) is not marked on the map either. If I meditate to dawn his marker appears when hew opens for business...
  9. G

It isn't marked as a shop or anything else on my map, even though I've already bought some books from him. Perhaps it only becomes so after the quest you mentioned gets activated.
  10. G

What the journal says is: "Geralt learned that the local nekkers used a system of underground tunnels to move about. He thought that if he could find and destroy these tunnels most of the nekkers would be buried alive. Those remaining would then likely scatter making it easier to exterminate...
  11. G

Yeah, but there's no marker for the book shop is there? You have to actually walk into the house that looks from the outside like any other private residence.
  12. G

Yep, so have I also for years. I've recently rebelled against this common game design principle, by drawing the line against walking into random private residences uninvited without specific reason, invitation or lead unless playing a character with criminal tendencies, chaotic in old money, in...
  13. G

Trouble playing this game I'm having some difficulties with TW2 that I can't recall having had with TW1 concerning finding things and understanding what it is that Geralt now knows but I (the player) don't. Looking for some advice on how to approach this in general. Example is Nekker contract...
  14. G

[TW2] Alchemy Vs Magic

Serious bombs I like :) Two things I haven't considered: 1. potions last a lot longer in TW2 than in TW1? 2. having brewed a few potions so far in TW2 I can't recall having to use a base (premium alcohol/wax etc) which IIRC were in limited supply in TW1 - this means you can make a lot more...
  15. G

[TW2] Alchemy Vs Magic

[TW2] Alchemy Vs Magic I've just finished the prologue first time through TW2 and I have a bit of a dilemma with character development. In TW1 I thought alchemy was pretty important, more so than magic, because in this game I think sword fighting is a highlight (so my priority in developing...
Top Bottom