Recent content by ihavacoolname

+
  1. ihavacoolname

RPG Grind Elements

It was really prevalent in The Witcher III and even II, when they made freaking Alondite obsolete.
  2. ihavacoolname

RPG Grind Elements

Don't have them. I don't want arbitrary numbers gamily attached to gameplay elements such as enemies and loot; it trivializes the lore and makes progress feel pointless since there will be something slightly better just around the corner. Some things should be better, clearly, but it should be...
  3. ihavacoolname

Weekly Poll - 5/21/2019 - Crafting

I think that the best crafting should be done with the best crafting service providers unless V can be the greatest medtech ever or something.
  4. ihavacoolname

Weekly Poll - 5/13/2019 - User Interface Options

I think their idea to heavily limit slots for carrying things is good. Parts of the UI should trigger pause, but some things shouldn't. I think it's good to blur the line a little bit between UI and gameplay, like what they did so organically as far as the scanner. I'd like to see things feel a...
  5. ihavacoolname

Gameplay Demo - Your Suggestion/Feedback Thread

I wanna address 3 and 6. I think you have some decent points, although I think you're being too pessimistic. CDPR is a different breed. As for 3, I'd refer you to KCD, Mirror's Edge, and even Skyrim, for all the faults of those games. As for 6, I actually agree with this. It's a creative...
  6. ihavacoolname

Weekly Poll 3/11/19 - Boss Fights.

I don't agree with any of the options. I want complexity, but not a la wow. I just want them to be interesting and challenging.
  7. ihavacoolname

THE Release Date Speculation thread. [Confirmed: 16.04.2020]

I'm willing to deal with TES IV: Oblivion levels of bugginess, but not much more than that. As long as the game isn't gonna crash in ways that don't let me just reload from within the last 5 minutes, i don't care too much. I'd also expect them to patch it down the line.
  8. ihavacoolname

Weekly Poll 1/21/19 - Healing. And Scars, limb loss, etc.

i'd like them to include cyberware/upgrades that grant you healing, but without that or some other explanation for healing, I don't want to see fast healing in the game.
  9. ihavacoolname

top 10 favorite games

In order: 1. Oblivion 2. Morrowind 3. OoT 4. Windwaker 5. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 6. Mass Effect 2 7. Chrono Trigger 8. KotOR 9. Skyrim 10. Overwatch
  10. ihavacoolname

Weekly Poll 1/7/19 - Companions

You went strong on the tall there bronalini (oops mistell)
  11. ihavacoolname

Which Backstory will you pick?

rockerboy, ran away, unfinished business OR something to prove
  12. ihavacoolname

Sex, Nudity, Discussion of Same - the Whole Ball of Wax.

To boil down what I meant, would you agree that "smuttiness is fine as long as it fits with an overall artful product"? Edit: Smuttiness can be largely for its own sake to an extent in this idea. Think Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines.
  13. ihavacoolname

Sex, Nudity, Discussion of Same - the Whole Ball of Wax.

I think that it's okay to enjoy something as smutty for its own sake; that's a part of life. CD Projekt Red aims to make this a mature title about a dark future. Because sex is such a big part of life, it's fine to include it in a brutally honest way, just as we do with violence, extreme...
  14. ihavacoolname

THE Release Date Speculation thread. [Confirmed: 16.04.2020]

June 2019 imo, but idk. This is just based on june being the deadline for some grants they got from the Polish govt. There were also some investor calls and such that implied they have to release another AAA RPG by 2021, after cyberpunk, and that they won't start work on that AAA title before...
  15. ihavacoolname

Martial Arts in 2077.

Kickboxing Japanese Jiujitsu Shaolin, esp. Tiger Palm Wing Chun Krav Maga I think that to actually do fpp martial combat right is difficult. I'd like a system like KCD but different in a few ways: first of all, distance should matter more. Secondly, where you are--left, right, or center...
Top Bottom