Recent content by iv2b

+
  1. iv2b

Night City Wire Episode 2 Should be Focused on Character Creator

I'd love for cdpr to go full borderlands and just give us the entire skill tree. I've spent more than a month thinking builds for bl3, i bet i can double that with cp2077's skill tree.
  2. iv2b

Oddly technical question: How does V grab things?

Well, odds are i'll find out for certain when the game comes out. I like to think my guess is close enough, though the topic really makes me curious. (yes this is my last bump <3)
  3. iv2b

Anyone else gonna spend alot of time in the character creator?

If we consider lifepath/build as part of character creation then yeah i'll be losing hours just like that. I really hope we can have some kind of import/export feature so i can keep the same looks while looking into the stats.
  4. iv2b

Nobody Seems To Be Raving About FPP

Hah that's a fair point, it happens when the first person camera's fov is too low and to be fair cp2077's quite low too. My point's only that you can't take normal animations and slap a camera in the character's head (or chest) without it looking all over the place, everything else is fair game. :p
  5. iv2b

The rdr2 animations aren't the same both first and third person, look at the lasso for example. When holding it you're seeing an animation designed for first person specifically, after which it transitions to the real reeling animation after the throw (which is exactly when both hands disappear...
  6. iv2b

Unfortunately it's really not as simple as just having the character do the real movements and just slap a camera in their head. A good example for this would be mirror's edge, since they used "true" full body (you don't see special first person animations) and the game looks amazing in first...
  7. iv2b

Personally i'm glad they went for first person, i prefer it over the alternative. :)
  8. iv2b

Are bumps a thing? : ^) *edit* they are!
  9. iv2b

Welcome Thread [Archive]

Already got around to it, see here: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/oddly-technical-question-how-does-v-grab-things.11033015/ I ended up posting it in community over general which was probably not ideal but eh hopefully that won't be an issue. I'm totally hoping for someone...
  10. iv2b

Not quite, you'll always need some workaround if you want to have fine adjustment to what the player can see. Some games like Hover and Mirror's Edge do have 100% authentic first person view where you see exactly what's happening, but that wouldn't work well at all once you start brandishing...
  11. iv2b

Odds are you won't see anything quite that extreme. You don't even need to give V a pair of disembodied arms to do everything you see in the game, as long as you move them out of view whenever switching between interacting with the world and fighting. :)
  12. iv2b

Alright i know this is a strange question, but hear me out. I'm interested in game development and i think there are some interesting shenanigans going on when it comes to the first person view. Allow me to explain: Normally, developers have a fixed FoV for arms, weaponry and anything that is...
  13. iv2b

What after Cyberpunk?

More cyberpunk of course! u.u
  14. iv2b

Should CD PROJEKT RED make a MMORPG?

I'm leaning on no... ...But i'd love to see how an MMORPG would turn out if made by CDPR as wacky as it may sound.
  15. iv2b

Ingame Benchmark Test

Yeah an ingame benchmark would be neat, rdr2 had one and made tweaking settings easier without having to guess while playing the game itself.
Top Bottom